We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim card with data plan

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sim card with data plan

Hi,

My family and I will be travelling to Spain and Morocco this summer for about 3 weeks. We all have smartphones and would need sim cards, both mini and regular sizes, with talk, text and data capability. Can someone suggest sim cards that would work in both countries or a separate sim card for each country?

Thank you very much in advance

Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim card with data plan

I have no idea whether there are cards that work in both countries. But you get cards for Maroc Telecom and for Meditel essentially for free (20 MAD for Maroc Telecom, 20 MAD credit included; IIRC the same with Meditel). They are usable immediately after purchase. The clerks at the shop where you buy them will set up your phone if you ask them.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim card with data plan

you will need seperate cards in each country

also note that many hotels, cafes and restaurants in in Morocco have free wifi - especially in the major cities

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim card with data plan

Thank you both for the prompt replies.

I assume Maroc Telecom and Meditel probably offer many different plans. We'll mostly need internet and text capability.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sim card with data plan

If you have a contract phone now, specifically through AT&T, it will work in both countries although the data is expensive. Local cards are cheap and you can pre-pay for a couple of weeks of data that's not outrageously expensive. Some of those prepays limit you to weekly or monthly data use limits. Just go into a store with your passport and they will set you up. Both sim card sizes are available.

5. Re: Sim card with data plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:16