We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best quiet beaches in morocco

glasgow
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best quiet beaches in morocco

My wife and i are planning on visiting morocco about mid november and i am finding it hard to find a good place that has a quiet beach that is good for relaxing and sun bathing. all of the places says its too windy for sun bathing. can anyone help and is november a good time to visit marocco

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

In November you'd have to go south if you wanted to be warm. Mirleft is nice, and the swell would be good for surfing but not good for swimming. It’s a simple place with a few places to eat and not much else, but I like it. There aren’t any resorts that far south so your options for beaches with facilities are very limited. Agadir would be warm but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea…..personally I find it living nightmare.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

Hi,

November is a good time to visit Morocco but maybe not the best for a beach holiday here. Have a look at Sidi Kaouki as a resort. There's nothing to do there but it's close to Essaouira for access to nice restaurants etc.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 23:53
3. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 13:43
glasgow
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

Thanks everyone for the advice. we arent looking for a resort type place just a nice beach that isnt too windy and has a hotel or riad that has food and somewhere to sleep

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

Near Agadir you might like Mirleft or Taghazout beach, much quieter than the main Agadir beach - you can find simple accomodation around there.

glasgow
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

how could i get to Mirleft or Taghazout beach from marrakech

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

I find the beaches down south warm enough for me in November, but I’m from the north of England where we all head for the beach if the rain stops, irrespective of temperatures and sunshine! The warmest day we have up here is still colder than the southern beaches of Morocco in November, so for me anything is warmer than the North Sea. So depending on what you’re expecting and what you’re used to, then Mirleft and Taghazout in November can fell positively tropical.....or like an ice bath.......depends where you’re from and what you expect.

Most beaches along the Atlantic coast will be fairly windy at this time of year with Essa’ being famous for its windsurfing as it feels the full force of the Atlantic winter. Sunbathing isn’t really enjoyable at this time of year due to wind and the cool weather, and the omnipresent local loverboys, who, on these quiet and non-developed beaches, still find a westerner in a bikini lying on the sand an unmissable attraction (of course, this is year round). I found the less touristy the beach, the more eyes are trained on your wobbly bits, especially if you’re just laying out on the sand in a bikini. I never find Morocco the best places to sunbath at the best of times, even in the tourist beaches like Agadir, mainly due to such displays of flesh being the exception, not the norm, with most local lasses being more modest (though I have seen a few Moroccan teenage girls in tankinis last time I was in Mirleft, but that was for playing beach football, not sunbathing). I find the more respect you have for local customs, especially in less developed areas, the more respect you get from the locals. This always makes for a better holiday for both you and the locals.

Basically, if sunbathing on a beach is top of your priority for a holiday, them Morocco isn’t the place to go in November.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

"how could i get to Mirleft or Taghazout beach from marrakech?"

for those place you want to fly to Agadir not Marrakech.

Taghazout you can do by taxi from Agadir as it is not far - Mirleft is more remote, a couple of hours drive south from Agadir and you really need a hire car to enjoy that area.

9. Re: Best quiet beaches in morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 05:16