We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Hi All,

Couldn't find an answer to my query on the forums. Can someone pls help:

Here's my itinerary for next week :

London to Casablanca : Arriving Casablanca at 2130

Casablanca to Agadir : Departing Casablance at 2235

There's exactly 1 hr 5 mins between the two flights.

Both are Royal Air Maroc flights on the same booking PNR

Questions :

1. Can I make it to the connecting flight from Casablanca to Agadir ?

2. Would I have to go through immigration at Casablanca or at Agadir ?

3. If the immigration formalities happen at Casablanca, how long would it take to clear? I am not a British national and am traveling to Morocco for the first time on a tourist visa.

4. If the immigration formalities happen at Agadir, is 1 hour enough transit time to catch my next flight?

5. Does Royal Air Maroc wait for transit passengers for the connecting flight?

5. What happens if I miss the connecting flight? I don't think Royal Air Maroc have another flight on the same night. Will they put me up in a hotel and book me on the next morning flight?

I booked my flights on a BudgetAir and didn't carefully observe the short transit time.

I'm sure someone else would have tried this itinerary before..how did it go?

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Riad Kheirredine
Riad Kheirredine
#1 of 504 hotels in Marrakech
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad le Clos des Arts
#2 of 504 hotels in Marrakech
Riad Dar Anika
Riad Dar Anika
#3 of 504 hotels in Marrakech
Perth, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Hi

Dont worry about the time it will take in tbe transit,

The last flight to Agadir dont leave till everyone on a connection flights to agadir boards in,

If your flight to Casablanca is deleyed, dont worry the agadir flight will wait withing reason, it happened to me few times flighing from london to agadir via casablanca,

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Casablanca
Casablanca
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Thanks !! That definitely brings down my stress levels a bit !! :)

I'll update on how it goes..

Btw, does the immigration formalities happen at Casablanca or at Agadir? Do I collect my checked-in luggage at Casablanca and rebook it in the domestic flight after customs clearance or do they do a through-check-in and I can pick up my luggage at the final destination?

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Agadir
Agadir
Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

I think the bag clearance can also depend on if you are changing airlines. We had lots of issues over the years with bags not connecting in Casa and arriving the next day in Agadir. When you arrive in Casa follow the signs to "correspondance" (connecting flights). You should clear customs in Agadir unless you mistakenly go the wrong way at the Casa airport. The last flight is frequently late.

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Thanks..this is super useful info..

I'll keep in mind that baggage may get delayed and would keep all the essentials in the cabin baggage..just-in-case !!

The scheduled arrival time of the last Casa-Agadir flight is 23:30 ....so I am guessing it wouldn't be before 1am realistically that I reach the hotel.

I'll update on how it went !!

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Just got back from Agadir....the Cassablanca-Agadir flight was delayed by 1 hour...this really helped because our London-Cassablanca flight was late by 40mins...we reached Agadir at 1am...cleared immigration by 1:30am and took one of the 2-3 grand taxis waiting outside to reach the hotel at 2am...

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
London
London
England, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

Thank you for answering what happened to you in the end. I am pregnant and travelling alone with a 3 year old on Royal Air Maroc from London Gatwick to Agadir via Casablanca and I am terrified of missing connection (we have 1 hr 30 min connection time) and also terrified to be missing our luggage!!! has anyone had a positve experience where both their luggage and themselves made it to Agadir on RAM without a problem?

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Agadir
Agadir
Casablanca
Casablanca
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

See my last post. The Cassa to Agadir flight would typically wait to pick up connecting passengers so chances of missing the connection are slim. In our case, the London-Cassa flight was delayed..but the Cassa-Agadir flight was delayed even more !! So we ended up spending some time at Cassa airport ..didn't have to rush or didn't miss the connecting flight..on the down side, we reached Agadir pretty late at night....not an issue though...

No issues with luggage either on the outbound or inbound flights...all luggage came through safe and on time through transit flights.

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
London
London
England, UK
8. Re: London to Agadir via Casablanca. 1hr btwn flights Possible ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2016, 05:15