We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

kiddy
Level Contributor
409 posts
252 reviews
Save Topic
In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

I.m trying to find flights into Marrakesh or Fez from England and then out of a coastal area such as Essaiora to the same departure airports .I,m having no luck so far.

Any ideas ?

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

As far as I am aware all scheduled airline flights fly into Casablanca and from their you fly to the various destinations inside Morocco. Obviously you can book flights direct with Royal Air Maroc with a final destination inside Maroc, try entering your schedule on www.royalairmaroc.com site and check what airport destinations are available, I know that they do Agadir, Marrakech, Fes and Tangier, but am not sure about Essaiora.. Be aware that internal flights inside Morocco, at times can be very expensive. The other alternative is to use a charter airline, and then either fly or use the public transport to get to other destinations, which normally is a lot cheaper. It can sometimes be worth while speaking direct to the call centre in London to see if they can come up with a cheap add on flight. I have in the past used this service to fly into Tangiers airport and out of Fes airport, but you will always have to change at Casablanca.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,295 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

Marrakech has the most flights from UK

from London you can also now find direct flights to these coastal cities: Casablanca, Rabat,Tangier and Agadir

skyscanner.net shows most options

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

You may find it worth while checking different airlines and booking the two flights as totally separate. Finding flights in to Marrakech and Casablanca is reasonably simple but to find flights out of other airports perhaps not quite so easy. As well as looking at specific airlines and the routes they cover I sometimes look at online airport arrivals/departures information. Then if I spot an airline covering my desired route I check out their own website.

Are you wanting direct flights or are you prepared to change flights en route? Non direct may give you more options.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

As Tangergirl points out, with Royal Air Maroc you would normally expect to have to go via their hub in Casablanca, and get connecting flights (expensive as she says) to connect with Fez, Marrakech, etc.

However, during the summer season, it might be possible for you to go from London Stansted to Fez with Ryanair (2 flights per week), and return to Stansted from Marrakech with EasyJet (3 flights per week), who also run this service only during the spring/summer schedule. Both of these routes are showing on the Ryanair and EasyJet booking sites. I know Marrakech is not coastal, being around a 2 1/2 hour drive from Essaouira. I am just suggesting this routing as a possible option. Obviously if you are considering a winter holiday, then this would not work.

5. Re: In and out of Morocco with same departure airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16