We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Short Intinerary

Los Angeles
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Short Intinerary

My husband and I will be in Marrakesh for 3 days and have the opportunity to add 3 additional days at the beginning of the itinerary to explore other cities/or points of interest in Morocco. I have never been and my husband has. I know that we will go back for an extended trip, so I am not asking for how to fit everything for Morocco in a 6 day itinerary.

I am asking for a must-do or extraordinary 3 day add to the Marrakesh event on that celebrates our one year anniversary.

Any ideas from previous and or frequent travelers to the region would be welcome!!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Short Intinerary

Hi,

Consider it as a 6 day trip to Marrakech and have a day trip into the mountains and an overnight trip to Essaouira on the coast as part of this short visit.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 23:14
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Short Intinerary

I agree with post above - a day trip into the High Atlas mountains (Ouirgane perhaps?) and a day spent on the Atlantic coast (and Essaouira is by far and away the most popular destination, easily reached by Supratours coach) will provide contrasts.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Short Intinerary

I would recommend overnight stays in both Essaouira and the Atlas Mountains to add to your days in Marrakech.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Short Intinerary

We just had eight nights in Morocco and at one point seriously considered Erg Chigaga. We ended up at Erg Chebbi instead, but I can say that our two nights in the desert were incredible and I would try to go to Erg Chigaga if I were you. You can definitely do,that in three days.

5. Re: Help with Short Intinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16