I have been researching on the boards for a couple of weeks and came up with this itinerary. But I still have lots of questions. I hope to get some answers from you.
I have 10 full days in Dec (19 -29th) flying from London to Fes with my husband and two kids ages 7 and 10.
My itinerary looks like this.
1. Fes 2 days
2. fes - Essaouira - 4 (or 5) day desert trip
3. Essaurira - 1 night
4.Marrakech - 3 nights.
1. Can you recommend which route/place to see on the desert tour - looks like Erg Chebbi
Ouazazate, Merzouga seems to be popular. Could you please recommend anything else that might spark interest for my kids.
2. How are tents kept warm in winters? Looks like extra blankets are the answer? Will be too scary for my city bred kids?
3. I am looking for a mellow itinerary thru small and interesting towns.
4. By not going to Casa and Rabat - am I missing anything? I doubt I will be able to come again Morocco.
4. Should I make Essaouira a night stop or a day trip? Planning to drive there from Marrakech.
5. Medical assistance : from my past experience my kids needs to see a doctor for minor reasons - stomach bug, high fever, ear infections (yes, and I still want to travel with them) so please tell me how are the doctors in Fez, Marrakech? Can I see an English speaking doctor/pediatrician easily? Just want to be prepared.
My kids are great travelers. I want this to be a memorable trip for them. Please suggest something. Looking forward to hearing from you.