We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Casablanca to Marrakesh? Transport in general

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer from Casablanca to Marrakesh? Transport in general

Hi,

We fly into Casablanca but do not wish to stay there. I am looking for the easiest and quickest option to get to Marrakesh - which i believe will be by Private Transfer. Can anyone recommend a company? I'd prefer this than taking a train as we want to leave as soon as coming off a flight.

Also, in general, is it safe to rent a car and drive yourself around?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Casablanca to Marrakesh? Transport in general

By train or private transfer, it takes about the same amount of time and is a lot cheaper by train - 4hrs15minutes. (Factor in another 30 minutes for train transfer from Casablanca airport to Casa Voyageurs.

Timetables here:

www.oncf.ma

It is safe to rent a car and drive yourselves. Welcome to the Morocco forum Sandraholiday.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Casablanca to Marrakesh? Transport in general

I would absolutely rent a car. The drive from the airport to Marrakech is pretty easy, almost entirely toll road. Be sure to get some Moroccan money if you do that before you leave as you'll need to pay several tolls before arriving in Marrakech.

I'm not a big fan of the train option...dragging your bags, changing trains in Casablanca.... The drive is so pleasant and a car is always handy when you are traveling. At least you are on your own schedule and not someone elses.

3. Re: Transfer from Casablanca to Marrakesh? Transport in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16