We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3G data in all over Morcocco

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
3G data in all over Morcocco

Hi,

I have seen some other posts about 3G data in Morocco but I think that they may be old.

I am going to Morocco in July and am looking for a sim card that has 3g data.

I will be going to Imlil, ouarzazate, ait benhaddou and the across the Atlas Mountains. Firstly is there 3g (or any) coverage here and what is the best network? I did some research and found that Maroc Telecom is the best but I find their website confusing as there are many different packages. I am going to (attempt) to stream the world cup finals from the Atlas Mountains so are any unlimited 3g packages available? One last question is- can you find Maroc Telecom shops in Marrakesh airport and how long does the registration and 3g set up take with the passport?

Thanks in advance!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

you are highly unlikely to be able to stream a football match via data connection even in the city, nevermind in the mountains!

INWI have a shop in Marrakech Airport - the other companies you have to find in town

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

Thank you. Do INWI have 3G?

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

3G coverage is not good in Morocco. A bit hit and miss in my experience.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

Yep, no way you will be able to stream a football match over 3g.

Sim activation usually takes about 24 hours.

Maroc telecom has the best connections.

You are much better off streaming over wifi....but, the bandwidth of your hotel's wifi connection is most likely to be insufficient.

You will probably need to be in Marrakech and to watch the games from one of the Cafe's there.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

all the operators have 3G but as mentioned above, it is not something to be relied upon and wifi connections are a better option

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

Thanks for your responses! Unfortunately I will be in Imlil at the time of the final so I may have to listen to it by radio.

Thanks

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

Radio for sure. Just returned from Morocco and I had 3G only in and near the major cities. As soon as I left them it was Edge which will not stream anything. I was using inwi on my phone and Maroc Telecom on my iPad. 3G coverage is horrible in the hinterland. I did have good wifi in all the hotels and riads where I stayed.

8. Re: 3G data in all over Morcocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17