We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice Needed

Boston, Ma
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice Needed

Hello, I am looking for some advice on a Morocco itinerary. My husband and i are travelling to Morocco in early October. We fly into Casablanca and out of Marrakech. From what we understand there isn't a lot to hold us in Casablanca, so we're only planning on over-nighting there and moving on in the morning. We will have 7 full days in Morocco (excluding travel days in and out) and are wondering about the best use of that time.

We are considering taking the train from Casablanca to Fes and staying in Fes a couple nights before going to Marrakech. However we are concerned about how much time this will eat up. Is Fes worth the effort? (From what I've read, it seems like it is.) Or, given our time constraints, should we just concentrate on Marrakech and the surrounding area? If so, what would people recommend?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice Needed

Since you fly to Casa (make sure you see the Hassan II Mosque before leaving) and out of Marrakech, I would forget about Fes since it is the otherside of the country and you will waste 2 days travelling there and back.

Either take the train straight to Marrakech or spend a couple of days going south along the coast (for example - 1 night El Jadida, 1 night Essaouira) before heading inland to Marrakech. From Marrakech can do a daytrip or overnight in the Atlas mountains as well.

Boston, Ma
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice Needed

Thank you, nibrika, that is helpful!

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice Needed

You seem happy with Nibrika's advice, which is great. I would completely endorse her suggestion. Fes is terrific but you would lose too much time trying to cover both Fes and Marrakech. There is more than enough to enjoy between Marrakech, the coast and the Atlas Mountains.

4. Re: Itinerary Advice Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17