We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merguez sausage

Virginia
Level Contributor
253 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Merguez sausage

This question might look silly to some but... Can I readily find restaurants/food stalls serving merguez sausage? A lot of posts mention about tajine, pastilla, snails soup... but not much about merguez. I love merguez (among many other things :-)) and know that it comes from north Africa and is popular in Morocco. Please help with suggestions where to get them. Many thanks in advance.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Merguez sausage

They’re sold all over morocco from grills stalls and in restaurants, usually fresh from the grill in bread………. and they are delicious! Mmmmmmm.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merguez sausage

I travelled halfway across Tunisia to get the real thing. They are available everywhere in Morocco. I have also tried them in England and they were revolting, you just can't beat the real thing.

Virginia
Level Contributor
253 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merguez sausage

Thank you for your replies. I guess I will eat merguez like there is no tomorrow while in Morocco then:-)

4. Re: Merguez sausage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:17