We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
82 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Morocco in October. Before we can bite the bullet and purchase our plane tickets, we need to decide what cities we are going to visit. We really hate to miss out on Fes, but at the same time, we know that we will basically waste a whole day getting there from Marrakech. We would like to see some of the high atlas mountains and the surrounding areas of Marrakech as well. Is it practical to try and do Fes as well? Is there a way to get to Fes that would prevent us from wasting a whole day? I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

Fez and Marrakech are both imperial cities, one with Arabic influences, the other with Berber. But still they are both cities. I think you would be better to choose just one and take day or overnight trips to relatively close spots such as Imlil and Ait Benhaddou (Marrakech) or Azrou and Chefchaouen (Fez).

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
82 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

Thank you! If you HAD to say, which one of those choices would you go with for a first trip to Morocco? We like to be adventurous with trying new foods and new activities. We like to experience some of the "off the beaten path" things as well.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
82 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

Thank you! If you HAD to say, which one of those choices would you go with for a first trip to Morocco? We like to be adventurous with trying new foods and new activities. We like to experience some of the "off the beaten path" things as well.

4. Re: 7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 12:22
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

Definitely Fez for me. But less well served by flights.

6. Re: 7 1/2 days - pushing it to try for both Marrakech AND Fes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:17