We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-8 days in Morocco

bangalore
Level Contributor
65 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
7-8 days in Morocco

Am planning a trip to Morocco in mid October and wanted advice on the itinerary. I was thinking of visiting Marrakech, Fez and Chefchaouen (don't think I have the time for Tangier). How many days would be best to stay in each place? What is the best way to travel from one city to the next (solo female) - I arrive and leave from Casablanca and would like to do Chaouen last. Thanks

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-8 days in Morocco

Your itinerary is possible within the time that you have although I feel you are trying to cover too much ground. I'm afraid that you will spend so much time travelling that you won't be left with very much time at all actually in your proposed destinations.

With only a week, I would base myself either in Marrakech or Fes, enjoy that city, and then take day trips or overnight visits from there. Both Marrakech and Fes have lots of interesting places around them.

Certainly, you will not have enough time to achieve more than two of your proposed destinations, say Marrakech and Fes, given that you must start and finish in Casablanca.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-8 days in Morocco

The "fun and fascinating" is that all people going to Morocco to think only of seeing cities and therefore will miss the landscape that is equal or even almost more beautiful than the cities themselves. They would take it slow, do not try to absorb all the cities but also devote time to the landscape.

bangalore
Level Contributor
65 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-8 days in Morocco

What would you suggest Khamlia? I do recognise I do not have much time but am keen to do Chauoen

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7-8 days in Morocco

If you are keen to do Chaouen then it makes sense to stick to that side of the country for the week and leave Marrakech for another trip - spend 2/3 days in Chaouen and the rest of the time in Fes where you have several daytrip options like Meknes, Volubilis, Azrou, Ifrane, Moulay Idriss etc

Take train from Casa to Fes then bus to Chaouen - then probably bus to Tangier to get train back to Casa again. If you wanted to fit in a 3rd place for 1 night then you do pass through Asilah and Rabat on this route which are both worth a stop if you have time.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7-8 days in Morocco

Nibrika did now my work, thanks, LOL, even I wanted to suggest you to go to Fes, then Chefchaouen and Tangire also, with your short time it will be perfect trip. Enjoy it ☺

Edited: 20 August 2014, 20:00
6. Re: 7-8 days in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:16