We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

I'm looking for info regarding baggage allowed on the train - travelling between Casablanca and Marrakech. I've been to the ONCF website, but my French isn't the greatest - translation seems to indicate that carry-on baggage is allowed, but "bulky" baggage may get transported separately? Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
ONCF
ONCF
83 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

First of all, make sure you travel 1st Class as your seat will be guaranteed with its number.

If you have a suitcase, you would normally take that on the train with you. Anything larger and it would interfere with the space of others who might be in your compartment, so, yes, it' probably going to have to go separately.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

Thank you! I understand bringing just a "carry-on" into the compartment - I just want to be sure my "checked" baggage travels with me. It's the baggage info on the ONCF site that isn't clear - translation indicates "If your train is scheduled for luggage, they accompany you on the journey, so you can retrieve them at your arrival. Otherwise, they will be transported by train to the first open "baggage" service."

Mentioned in this post
ONCF
ONCF
83 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

In 1st class there is space even for large cases - although you should note that if you board at Casa then there will already be many people on the train so it might take a bit of baggage reorganisation if your section is busy

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

OK, good to know, thanks! My checked bag isn't huge, so hopefully it will all be fine!

5. Re: Train between Casablanca and Marrakech - baggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2017, 06:17