We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private tour guides

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
787 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
private tour guides

Hi, Anyone knows of a good reliable tour guide to take us around Morocco . Someone to show us the sights and not the shops!! Does not have to be one guide, could be a guide to a particular area. i.e Fez, Marakesh, Erg Chebbi etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated. RSA

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: private tour guides

Arrange for licensed guides through your hotel reception. For the desert trek, find one in Merzouga.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private tour guides

Get used to the idea that the guide is going to take you to at least a few places to shop. That is the main reason why they are guides in the first place.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private tour guides

Book through your hotel for all the major cities. You can also do that in Merzouga through a place where you are staying or book after you arrive. Tour guides in the major cities make money off taking you to shop. I have used a couple booked through the hotel where I made it perfectly clear I was looking for the cultural tour and NOT the shopping tour and if it turned out to be a shopping tour then the fee I paid would be reduced accordingly. In both cases (Fes and Tangier) I had a great tour with no shopping.

4. Re: private tour guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 04:18