We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Please help, as some of you may be aware, because you have very kindly helped my Partner and I - we have recently booked a long, long needed holiday to Agadir in Morroco in the Royal Atlas, we have been counting the days down until March! We have had a letter today from the travel agent telling us that while we are going to be there, they are going to be tiling the promenade next to the beach in front of the Royal Atlas Hotel. The promenade is in place, however, they are in the process of tiling the area. The work can be seen from the ocean view rooms and the pool area and due to the nature of the work, there may be some noise disruption. Although we have no confirmed completeion date the work is expected to be completed by April 2008!!

As you can imagine we are just devastated, because alot of people have advised us it might be the dust that is the major problem. Has anybody had an experience of the Royal Atlas Hotel in Agadir - is the promenade huge next to the beach -could this not be that big a deal!! Or, has anybody been recently whilst the work has been underway- is it that big a deal?!!!

Just gutted, any advice would be really, really welcome.

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
528 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Hi, I have emailed the Hotel I am due to stay at on January 11th (Riu Tikida Dunas) and they have responded telling me that access to the beach will not be possible and certain areas of that particular Hotel will be closed, i.e. the beach bar. That is all I know I am hoping others can shed some light as we are now considering changing our holiday to the Canaries instead as we too are very disappointed with the news. If you hear anything else please do let me know. Thanks

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Thanks, will do.

england`
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

hi, have just read yor upsetting news,am feeling the same as you,my husband and i are going in may,not sure if the work will be done by then,if you hear anything else would appreciate an e mail.dawnwright@hotmail.com if you do decide to go i hope you have a great time....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

This is really upsetting. I did hear about some work but didn't think the access to the beach would be cut off. I had planned to go to Agadir for 3 days mid may. No way the construction work will finish by then.

Anyone knows any other beach town worth it in Morocco for that timeof the year?

And to think I have just confirmed the dates for the majority of my hotels...Would hate to go over the whole thing again.

Does anyone know any way tomonitor progress and see which hotels would be cleared by when, as I expect the work will move from one area to another?

Thx

Alex

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Thank you for your replies so far, I have rang the hotel but unfortunately my French is rubbish so I couldn't have a conversation with anyone about it.

Do any of you speak French???

The telephone number for the hotel is 0021228843232

I couldn't get an email address either so if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks again.

James

st helens
Level Contributor
716 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

hi this hotel is absolutley fantastic,you will have no problems from the work going on outside.why not check out the opinions from the people who have just got back by going on to the hotel royal atlas forum on this site. you wont be dissapointed.

lancs
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Sorry I did not see this situation was already being discussed and posted new topic. Anyhow , just received letter from FC 4/01/08 re: prom,semms word for word like yours and we we travel in March.Have contacted shop as advised to discussed options- was told they must contact Customer Servicesas they do not know what our options are.Very angry as this holiday is to replace one in Sept we cancelled due to, yes, you guessed it building work not completed.

Yet again nobody will tell you a straight anwser-will it effect the holiday?- Decided to ring customers services still holding on after 15 mins.

Would appreciate if anybody can shed any light.

Thanks

lancs
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Have just spoken to Shop, told on a grade 1 to 5 this is a grade 2 , they say there should be little disruption would be seen from ocean view rooms, I pointed out that on trip advisor Dunas hotel closing access to beach and in letter pool area affected- had to point out booked a superior room,they look out on the pool. Will check and come back. Got to say sounds more promising

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

Hi there, that is exactly what they told me, my main concern was the fact that if they are tiling the prom then there would be a lot of dust!

I have changed my holiday now so we don't go until mid July, better to be safe then sorry!

Thanks

James

10. Re: Royal Atlas Hotel/Promenade Tiling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations