We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Food

Hi everyone,

Anybody know if there are any Greek or Lebanese restaurants in Agadir? If so, are they good? I'm trying to find somewhere that serves good Falafel and Baklava.. (I know - I shouldn't be looking for Greek or Lebanese food when in Morocco - it's just that we can't get it here in Ireland and when we do travel, we try to find it wherever we can. We love Moroccan food and are definitely looking forward to it).

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food

You will certainly have no difficulty finding good Moroccan food; try the Talborjt district where the Moroccan folk live, shop and eat.

I'm going next week and will enquire about Lebanese/Greek resto's but don't expect good news.

Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food

Thanks John. You sent me a list of restaurants a while back and I've printed it out to bring with me. I've also read good things about Le Nil Bleu & L'Orange Bleu (I think that's the name of them). Can you tell me where the Talborjt district is? We'll be staying in an apartment near the Souq. Last time, we stayed in the tourist district, but this time we're staying in a privately owned apartment, in a building occupied by locals & not tourists.. :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food

Yep, that's the Talborjt district then. It's basically the square section upwards from Abderrahim and to the right of Hassan II.

I suppose it does get a bit boring in the "Secteur Touristique" so it will be a challenge checking out the restaurants in Talborjt.

I will be there from next week and shall be staying at no less than three hotels, including a stay in Essaouira.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food

I think that you will find that you can buy Baklava from all the pattisieres (sorry about spelling) you certainly can in Tangiers., and I think that it applies right across Morocco.

Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food

Thanks John - enjoy your trip. Will look forward to reading all about it when you come back. We leave on 9th February - can't wait!! FYI, I think I found a Lebanese Restaurant called Feyrouz on Blvd 20 Aout. I found this info on the net, so not sure if it's still there or how good or bad it is. The guy whose apartment we are renting has recommended a restaurant near the apt called "Balal Marrakesh". He eats there all the time when in Agadir. So if you spot that one, you might like to try it.

Tangiers Girl - great news about the Baklava.. My son adores it and he rarely gets to eat it. I'm too lazy to bake such a complicated thing myself - the last time I managed to get some for him, I had to have it mailed from the UK.. I think I found a Lebanese Restaurant (if it's still there). It's called

6. Re: Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 10:24