We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agadir to Essaouira

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Agadir to Essaouira

Going to Agadir in late Feb and hoping to go to Essaouira for a day/overnight. Not pushed using tour operator. I was hoping someone could advise on the following queries.

1. Hire car and drive.

I hear the road is so-so but more freedom to do as we like.

2. Grande taxi

I hear it's a good option as well (how much would this cost each way).

3. Not sure if going to overnight until we get there so what's the likelihood of getting accommodation on the day.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Agadir to Essaouira

Cheapest option would be to go by bus, Supratours and Ctm run good services from Agadir to Essaouira, 60 dirhams per-person each way. Ctm bus leaves Agadir bus station at 8am, Supratours at 8.15am.

If you go by grand taxi you will have to share (6 people + driver, or pay for the full taxi yourself.

You can negotiate a price with individual drivers.

Hiring a car and driver will be more expensive, but give you more freedom to stop on the way when you like, cost is round about 480 dirhams per full day for the driver + fuel and any accommodation if you require him to stay with you, you will get a cheaper price if you just want taking and dropping off.

Accommodation should be no problem when you get there, I would advise getting some info on places before you go, so you have some idea what type of place you are booking in to. I can let you have a contact for hiring a car and driver if you take that option, just send me an email.

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agadir to Essaouira

Hi LyndseyK123, I sent you a PM.

Dublin
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Agadir to Essaouira

hi there,

I'm thinking of flying to Agadir from Dublin in Jan & then traveling to Essaouira by bus for a few nights & then onto Marrakech for another few nights. Can you tell me how long it takes by bus & what bus journey is like. Any info would be great.

Thanks

P

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agadir to Essaouira

Hi Polly,

Would you consider changing your arrival point to Marrakech instead of Agadir? It is far more exciting in Marrakech, Agadir may be great for relaxing but is really quite dull.

Anyway, Essaouira is just two hours or so from either by Supratours bus, there are several departures each day to Essaouira from Marrakech but just one from Agadir at about 0830.

The journey is not bad at all with some nice scenery and usually a stop half way for snack break and use of toilet facilities. The cost is approx. €6 one way but buy your ticket early so as to reserve seating.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agadir to Essaouira

I would take the bus Supratours or CTM.

If you do the grand taxi it can be a bit hairy and the drivers are exhausted. Last time i came back by grand taxi we had to stop quite a few times as the driver was falling asleep.

When you arrive at the bus station you will find lots of locals offering accommodation and waving keys - you could go and check them out or book accom online.

Essaouira is quite small so you can see it all in a day and theres not loads happening in the evenings. Great for nice little restuarants though and one or 2 bars.

6. Re: Agadir to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Agadir