We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I visit Agadir?

England
1 post
Save Topic
Should I visit Agadir?

I fancy a hot get away in October with my husband (we're in our 30's). We want to go to a nice hotel (not huge) - we really like smaller run hotels, with pool near beach. Somewhere that is friendly and laid back. Near the bars.

a) would you suggest this as a hoilday destination?

b) is it still hot in October?

c) any suggestions on hotel?

Really appreciate your help on this! Many thanks,

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

if you want to be near the bars, yes Agadir is your destination, and definitely a holiday destination, and yes october is a good season, but would not say hot ...

If you want to improve the moroccan way of life, Agadir is certainely not your destination ....

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

Your question about hotels is a leading one as no-one has stayed in ALL the hotels in Agadir; have a look at the list on the left side of the page and you will see what you are up against.....

It's up to you to decide what you can afford, hotels at the beach front are not cheap but most hotels in the tourist sector (which is really quite small) are within walking distance.

There are many new hotels in the Founty sector (beyond the Sofitel) but these are largely untested.

The Kamal is ever popular but 12-15 minutes walk to the beach. Try the Tivoli, this is popular with Brits but not a very good reputation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

we will be staying at the residence intouriste aparthotel which is near the beach and has a pool, reviews look good, and the price is reasonable, but will be able to tell you more when we return in mid august. am not sure what your budget is, we generally go for the best we can get on a tight budget, with the intent of only using the hotel as a base from which we can explore the nearby area, enjoy the beaches, and go on as many trips as poss. but if you have loads of money and just enjoy a hotel based holiday then i suppose you should just go for the top end of the market where you can hardly fail to go wrong.

am not sure there are many 'smaller hotels' in agadir, from what i have seen most are fairly large complexes.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

The Intouriste is indeed on the beach although quite a trek to the centre by road. People I have met say they had to get a taxi four times a day to and from this one although you can walk down the beach if you want a leisurely stroll. Rates are sometimes exceptionally low for the Intouriste, depending on how you book.

There are plenty of smallish hotels, El Bahia, Residence Nejma, Kamal, Sahara Regency, Flathotel, Timoulay and others in the Talborjt district which is the Moroccan residential/shopping sector.

st helens
Level Contributor
725 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

if you want a small and very clean and friendly hotel i suggest the hotel kamal.it has bars near to it and restaurants and is not far from the beach.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

Have a look at the Timoulay - its a beautiful new small boutique hotel. Gorgeous design in all the public areas and rooms and resaonable prices.Its a bit further from the bars but still walkable or short taxi ride.

Somewhere a bit special.

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

We went to Agadir in late September last year, I don't know if it's typical of the time of year or whether we were just unlucky but probably half of the 2 weeks we were there we were under a sea mist/ fog which kept the temperature quite cool, when the sun did burn it off it was very warm but some days it lasted nearly all day, we both like to relax round the pool in the sun and it did spoil the holiday for us a bit.

Agadir seems to be re-inventing itself and is cheaper than the canaries which geographically are fairly close, while we were there they were in the process of extending the promenade and lots of new apartments were being built near the marina, man of the run down bars and restaurants seemed closed and more modern ones were opening Marakkesh and Essaouira are worth visiting and the 2 day excursion visits both

8. Re: Should I visit Agadir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Agadir