We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Concerts in Morocco?

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Any Concerts in Morocco?

Hi again,

I would like to tie my next visit to Morocco to coincide with music concerts, if this is feasible.

I have particularly grown to appreciate the music of Nass El Ghiwane and whenever in Agadir, Marrakech etc buy CD's but have not found anything by Nass.

Do these guys tour or is it mainly in Casa one can see them?

Any suggestions where I can buy their music when next in Agadir?

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Concerts in Morocco?

Hi john,

I have spoke to a couple of my friends in agadir and they are going to look and get back to me

Fish

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Concerts in Morocco?

Hi John,

Nass El Ghiwane was a renown musical group in the 70's, when political fervor was still around :-). they were kind of under political watch and the group was forced to stop/dissolve.

Anyways, some artists of the group have passed away, while some of them are still alive in some corner somewhere :-(, but they have stopped singing long time ago, so unfortunately there will be no way to see them live , sorry :-(

As for buying their CDs, I think you might get better luck looking online than looking in the shops in Morocco.

hope that helps

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Concerts in Morocco?

Thank you for your informative details, I look forward to hearing of any other concerts.

Regards

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Concerts in Morocco?

Not true, btw, re: Nass el Ghiwane. The surviving members have performed in at least the last two (not counting this last one in June) Fes Sacred Music Festivals to packed audiences.

5. Re: Any Concerts in Morocco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:32
Get answers to your questions about Agadir