We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
229 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

We are looking at either booking to go the Caribbean Village Agador in early July or go back to Egypt where we love it. I have heard about a fog/mist which puts me off slightly as I do like my heat all day to work on the tan!

What do you suggest? What is the hotel like, plenty for kids to do? What is the lager like (most important question for my hubby?) Is the food OK (I know that AI get a bit boring but is it edible?). Is the hotel close to shops and the beach?

All your help will be appreciated as we can't make our mind up which to go for

A

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

Hi,

I love the CV and agadir, but would avoid it july/aug/early sept coz the weather. Agadir is a microclimate, and 5 kn in any direction will give you the weather you want.

We've also done egypt (hubby's favourite), but we can't do the july temps, if you can I would suggest going there.

Hotel has much to do for all ages, and animation team are great with kids. Lager was eminently drinkable, and the wines weren't bad either. Food at CV is good, if repetetive, but is actually cooked, and restaurant provides pleasant surroundings. There are 5 al a cartes, but each of these have a strict set menu, no choice.

Hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach from the back gate, and 10/15 mins in to the heart of the resort. It is closer to the centre than many of the hotels up in the founty area, and is on the main road up to the marina and the designer shops.

Hope this helps,

Jaycine

northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

Caribbean village is great for kids, we loved this hotel for entertainment food drink is plentiful so much to do.The only down side is its a bit tacky the whole of Agadir is very touristy, we hired a car and just half hour away is the real morocco. We went in june last year and yes it was misty most mornings till about midday then very hot then cold in the evening. As I said though if the kids are happy then so are we. xx

st helens
Level Contributor
713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

hi,carribean vill. is great for families. as for the mist,early july is ok but late july and august you get the mist. debbie x

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

I know little about Egypt other than what I hear and see about Sharm etc and it doesn't impress me.

Agadir is a large town with many things to see and trips to go on out of the town, some of which are quite close and within easy reach by coach or taxi.

The centre of Agadir has souvenir shops, cafes, souks, nightclubs, supermarkets and some very good restaurants and there is even the Talborjt area where Moroccans live, shop and eat so if you wanted to eat some authentic Moroccan cuisine other than the stuff cooked for the tourist palate, this is the place to go.

I would always say that Agadir is a good intro to Morocco for the wary as you will be based in what is essentially a modern Med-type resort which is perfectly safe both during day and night.

5. Re: Caribbean Village Agador in July or Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations