We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

London
9 posts
Save Topic
Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

Hello,

I seem to be getting conflicting info here...does this Hotel have Air Con in the rooms?? The travel agents say it does but reading some reviews it does not appear to be the case..

We were thinking of travelling in july

Thanks

lancashire
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

we stayed in January and ours didnt but some of the other rooms may have...you could always contact them directly if you need a definate reply, pm me I have the number and address. we are going in July and are told the nights are cool and you don't need it. The hotel staff were excellent, breakfast good and pool nice. Ask for a room with a balcony as some dont have them.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

HI

I stay at the kamal every time i go to agadir and i'm afraid no it doesn't have any air conditioning in the rooms. In july its generally very hot in Agadir and many people suffer from the lack of fresh air, tourists and local people.

Having said that i'd still much rather be at the Kamal than any other hotel, the staff are brilliant and it's spotlessly clean.

Have a good time

London
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

thanks for the replies.....I am now unsure why the agent ( directline-holidays) stated that it did have- This was a question which i asked directly to them...

I have heard very good commnets on thsi but have to admit that if too hot in the evening and without air con etc not sure how comfortable/ bearable it would be

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

The Kamal indeed does not have air con, a common situation with basic 2 or 3 star hotels.

There is the added problem of the location - directly on the very busy road Ave Hassan II. You would really need a room to the rear with either a balcony or the pool view rooms.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

I've stayed in a room looking out onto the main road. It wasn't noisy. The window was good. I also found that having the window open with the curtain across was enough to ventilate the room, but I didn't stay there in July. I would also say that the rooms are a good size for a basic hotel, and as previously mentioned, very clean.

Detroit
Level Contributor
587 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

keep in mind, the AC in morocco is nothing to write home about, even when they have it. I'm not sure you should give up on a hotel you would otherwise like, just to get the AC, then to find the really weak AC most morocco hotels seem to have.

buxton
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

I have stayed at this hotel 32 times in the past 8 years it definitely does not have any form of air conditioning at all. you can rent fans from reception but it works out quite expensive .. i bought my own from the souk. hope this helps. happy holiday

buxton
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

i stay at hotel kamal a lot - there is definitely no air conditioning of any sort and it does get quite unbearable through the summer. you can hire fans from reception but they are quite expensive. buy one from the local souk its cheaper. hope this helps.

9. Re: Air Conditioning at the Hotel Kamal...???......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations