We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children and passports for morocco

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Children and passports for morocco

Hi, I am travelling to Agadir in a group with my 14 year old son. The web site says to check with the embassy for advice for lone parents travelling with their child but I cant acess any relevent info on their site. Can anyone tell me what are the special requirements. I recall reading something about photos needing to be attached to the parents passport.

We both have British passports.

Thanks

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
713 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children and passports for morocco

The following is UK law, but obviously does not apply to you as you both have individual passports:

"From 05 October 1998, children under 16 have been required to travel on their own passport. If your child is already included on your passport, he or she is not affected by this change and can continue to travel on your passport until it expires or until they reach the age of 16. However, please be aware that some countries, such as Bulgaria, may refuse entry to any children without their own passports."

There are no special requirements regarding photos etc. for parents travelling with their child. The only problem would be if the father were Moroccan and the non-Moroccan mother tried to take the child out of Morocco without proof of permission from the father. This obviously does not apply to you.

Here are the regulations for entry into Morocco:

a) UK Passport holders do not need a visa to visit Morocco as a tourist.

b) Passports should be valid for at least a further 6 months from the date of arrival otherwise entry may be refused.

c) Entry is permitted for 90 days. If you overstay, you are liable to a fine or imprisonment.

d) If you wish to remain for a longer period, you should contact the Moroccan Immigration authorities in the city where you are.

On arrival in Morocco:

1) By air : you will be required to fill in an immigration form on entry at the airports

2) By sea : you will be required to fill in an immigration form on entry at the border crossing.

On ferries, you may have to fill in the immigration form on board the vessel before landing. This can take time if the ferry is busy so you are advised to queue up after boarding.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

In any case, always check that your passport is stamped on entry, as the authorities will want to check your date of entry on your way out.

Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children and passports for morocco

Hi, I have travelled (as a single parent) to Agadir 3 times in the last 18 months with my 4 children, we have never had a problem entering or leaving the country :-)

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children and passports for morocco

Thanks for the above reassurances.

4. Re: Children and passports for morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 05:16