We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supratour Office Agadir

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Supratour Office Agadir

Hello trip advisors,

I am visiting Agadir next week and plan to travel to Marrakech by bus. I think I will travel with Supratours. Can someone tell me if it's best to travel from Agadir or from Inezgane?

As for the bus stations, am I right in thinking that the Agadir bus station is around Rue Des Oranges and Boulevard Hassan II?

How do I get to the station in Inezgane?

And last question, should i book my bus ticket a couple of days in advance?

Thanks for your help

Eamonn

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

Never gone anywhere from Inezgane so cannot advise whether this is the optimum course of action.

The office is indeed where you specify, in a small courtyard surrounded by shops although there is also an office at the bus station, Gare Routiere, from where you will depart for Marrakech.

When buying your ticket, be sure to ask for the express coach as this will go along the new toll motorway and for which you will pay an additional paltry 10Dh. The time for the new route is just over three hours whereas the old route through the mountains (picturesque as they are) will take about five hours.

When you are ready to depart on the day, set off about thirty minutes before as you need to get to the Gare Routiere by taxi, stop the orange petit taxi for which the fare should be about 15Dh.

If you feel you need to go from Inezgane then the fare by taxi from El Batwaar is 40Dh which is a fixed fare. As`I do not know at what times buses depart from Inezgane to Marrakech (if at all they do), then this will not be a wise move.

Inezgane is an interesting Moroccan town en-route from the airport worth a visit out of curiosity alone.

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

Thank you very much for that comprehensive reply John.

I wasn't quite sure that i could get a bus from Agadir as some sites claimed that I would have to travel to Inezgane to get to Marrakech.

Could you just clarify one point for me please? According to the route map on the Supratours website, their bus departs from Rue Des Oranges or at least in that area. Is this correct or do they actually depart from Gare Routiere which I believe is on Rue Chair al hamra Mohammad ben Brahem?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

The bus did depart from R Des O several years ago but no longer, too much congestion in such a small restricted`area. The new station handles most outward bound journeys and is located near the Souk al Had.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

Your best option is SUPRATOURS and from AGADIR as john 9159 says, the fare should be around 100 dirhams one way, yes book in advance and if you don't intend staying in MARRAKECH get returns. When you get to MARRAKECH train station, as that is where they are based, its only a short distance to the city centre, you can walk or 10 dirhams most petite taxi meter on. INEZGANE is the main hub for buses to other parts of the country, but mostly bone shakers to MARRAKECH for the same price. To get to INEZGANE cheap get the number 25 / 28 or 30 fast bus from the coast road 4 dirhams nothing much there but a huge souk (watch your pockets) hope this all helps have a great time in MAROCCO.

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

Thank you John and Knowkats.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

Its always nice to get a thank you, all the best KNOWKATS

Germany
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

i thaught, this might be of interest to you or whoever came at this thread:

http://www.supratours.ma

best for all

8. Re: Supratour Office Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations