We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

Hi

Can anyone advise on the current situation as regards to Agadir?

Is it safe to visit with all the political unrest within Egypt/Tunisia etc?

I was keen to book up for September

regards

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

I can't see what the situation in Egypt has to do with Morocco. Different countries.

Its also been covered in recent posts, so have a read on the eisting threads.

But you can always check the government site www.fco.gov.uk for the official line.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

Well.... it isnt far from Algeria is it?

alderney
Level Contributor
167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

i think you will find morocco to be safe at least i hope so lol going begining of march for 2 weeks and theres no sign of any trouble there and they love their king

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

>Well.... it isnt far from Algeria is it?

If you look on a map you'll find the Costa de Sol is a lot closer to Algeria than Agadir is. ;)

Edited: 02 February 2011, 15:55
alderney
Level Contributor
167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

just because egypt having ploblems does not mean morocco will have it 2 differante countrys it be like saying if france were having ploblems like egypt does it mean england be the same lol

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

Aside from what does Egypt have to do with the price of fish in Morocco you say you are thinking of booking for 8 months hence. What reply would you have got if you had asked this question of Tunisia or Egypt 8 months ago? I was not aware anyone on this forum had a crystal ball. As of now we are 80km inland from Agadir and haven't been there for a week but the only effect of the unrest in Egypt is that in the last few days the number of european tourists has declined to the extent that a number of stalls in the souk aren't bothering to open. If you want to book for Morocco book and think about the wider situation at the relevant time.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

Will wait for a while and see how all this pans out! after all it could have a domino effect.....

As for Egypt, well if you take a look on the goverment (http://www.fco.gov.uk) I think you will find people are advised against travelling there at present.

As for Tunisia, there was problems over there a couple of weeks back... hence my niece returning to UK for a while, (she lives in Sousse, and is married to a Tunisian) so I feel she will be the one with a better answer on that score!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

Well, yes, it could all be like the fall of the Berlin Wall, and everything changes with 12 months.

I suspect no-one, not Mubarak, not Obama, knows. So there's not much to be gained from specualting.

Book and cancel later if things go pear-shaped.

Or, book somewhere safer, like Iceland. Hang on, it has volcanoes...

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

To Peter Scott,

OMG, you are such a childish bore! if Iceland appeals to your rather dim witted personality, then perhaps you want to take yourself there and remain

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Agadir safe to visit at present?

no personal attacks, please.

The reason I am being childish is that your question is of someone who is reacting like a child.

You are not going for 6 months. Just watch the news and see if Morocco is affected.

How can ANYONE say if one place will be safe in six months time? They can't. So please don;t expect any insights.

It is safe NOW; has been safe for the last 50 years, and is likely to be safe for the next 50.

Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations