We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going with a 1 year old?

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Going with a 1 year old?

Hi,

This is the first time me and my partner will be taking our daughter, who is 1 years old, on holiday and It's also our first time in Agadir.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend excursions/activities and etc for us and if it is better (and cheaper) to book them all from here (over the net, on FirstChoice/Thomson) or when we go there?

Also, are there are local supermarkets about? Anything we should be aware of?

Any advice in general would be appreciated from Parents lol :).

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Hi,

Moroccans love kids so expect a lot of attention from the locals for your wee girl. They will kiss her and touch her so you have to be aware that this is part of local culture and not freak out because strangers are touching your baby.

There are supermarkets here so don't worry about access to everything you could want.

I'd say organise excursions once you are here rather than through an agent in the UK.

Have a look at the things to do tab on the left of the page for previously posted reviews and recommendations.

You'll have a great time, a baby is a real ice breaker here in Morocco.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Aww, thank you :) That helped a lot!

Another thing i keep reading about is money exchange. Why does everyone recommend exchanging money once we get there?

x

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

You get a better exchang rate that's all.

Scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

It's a closed currency so u can only exchange once u r there. Also u must change any left over currency back before u leave. Word of advice have some Euros on you for ur return journey as once on airside we struggled to get anything as only accepted Euros!

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Oh i see Hunca.

So, any good places for currency exchange near the airport where they don't charge so much on commission? Or near Hotel Albatros?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocco:…

From the Travel Guide on the left of the page will tell you everything you need to know about currency.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Thanks Shimmim, that really helped! Don't know why i didn't come across it earlier.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Take a look at my comprehensive report Big Changes in AGADIR April 2011 by KNOWKATS this will help you, keep the price down, have a wonderful time.

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

I totally agree about the closed currency and getting your Dirhams out there. There are fake notes getting about for all nationalities kicking around the UK and europe.

When changing them back,do so at your hotel rather than at the airport, as the airport often doesn't have GBP so you get stuck with euros.

Contrary to an earlier post, with the exception of the 2 duty free shops, all the outlets at the airport were accepting Dirhams when I visited earlier this year. I cleared out all my odd dirham (and Euros!) whilst in the departure lounge.

It may be worth noting that on departure, you aren't herded into a closed glass area as in the uk, but are in a large spacious hall, with seating and access to toilet facilities and food/drink. We normally prefer to go straight through than fight for the few seats between security and the gate.

Have a great trip. x

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going with a 1 year old?

Knowkats, where will i find this review? Can you possibly send me a link?

Thanks again!

Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations