We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

My boyfriend and I are staying at the hotel Tikida Dunas next week and having never been to Morocco before I was hoping to clarify a few questions that I have. I have tried searching the forum for my answers but I am a little confused still so would love a little bit of help and advice please.

Firstly as we don't want to stick to staying in the hotel all evening and are happy to walk along the promenade to get to different bars/restaurants but is it safe to walk back along the promenade late at night,say 12 - 1am or would it be advisable to get a taxis back?

Secondly I like to get dressed up in the evening and some of my dresses can be a little short/arms not covered etc and I have read mixed reviews that this could offend/attract unwelcome attention and not respect local people but then I have also read that Agadir is very touristy and anything goes so I'm a little confused.

Finally if anyone has stayed at the hotel tikida dunas can you tell me if there are problems getting sun loungers on the private part of the beach, some say they have problems getting them round the pool so wondered if the beach was the same.

Sorry if lengthy questions but would love some answers before we went. Thank you

Bakhazouz Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Agadir Discovery
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Agadir Journey
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Agadir Dromadaire
Horseback Riding Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

about coming back to your hotel i think you have nothing to be affraid from , but it's advisable to get a taxi back too .

about the attractive clothes , maybe you will be shoked how the agadir girls wearing clothes , believe me you wil be attractive if you wear long dresses or not because cazanova's have no poblems with clothes + the european face + eyes...etc are more important for them , because agadir is drowning of short clothes by the local girls.

best of luck

Arealla

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Never had an issue on the prom no matter what time of night, it's well lit, and usually has more people on in the small hours, than at about 8 or 9 am.

Just watch out that you can get into the hotel that way though. Most lock the beach gates quite early, leaving entry through the front (good for security), so make sure you know which path to leave the prom from. At worst I would suggest the walk through by the new Tikda Palace. this puts you on the same road as La Scala (restaurant) and other hotels, and takes you straight to the front of your hotel. No doubt someone will correct me if there is a path further along closer to the Dunas since they have finished the Tikida Palace.

Hope this helps,

Jaycine

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Thank you very much Arealla and Jaycine for your quick informative replies. It has put my mind at ease somewhat with regards to walking along the promenade and also made me aware of the security gates on the promenade side, I did not think of this so I will check this out when we get to our hotel next week.

We are really looking forwards to our stay in Agadir some of the photos on trip advisor look absolutely magical but I also like to have as much information as possible before I go anywhere so I know kind of what to expect.

Thank you again

Emma

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

As a long as the boyfreind is always close to you you should have no fear from the local casanovas. Dress wise, you can wear shorts/skirts and sleeves top anywhere in the touristique zone. When out and about in residential local areas, a bit of caution would be appreciated. Specially anywhere a mosque. (You are lucky because your time in Agadir doesn't fall within Ramadan month)

Jaycine is right when she said that walking up and down the promenade at nightime is far more enojoyable at nightime. The lights, the music from the restaurants, the crowd and the gentle breeze from the sea really make this a lovely stroll. The nighlife goes on till late at night.

I would also recommend taking a taxi back the hotel. However some scrupulous taxi drivers make advantge of late hours and would try to rip you off. Take it from me, it is only a five minutes ride and the fare is no more than 15 - 20 dirhams (about £1.50). Before you enter the taxi ask for the fare first. Remember no more that 20 dirhams.

Walking is about 20 minutes. Yes there is a short alley just pass the new Riu Palace which brings within the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

The whole promenade and major streets are well lit and there are no dark side streets to negociate. So walking is pretty much safe.

Have a great time

Cas

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Thank you Cas for your reply and information, it is good to know all is safe along the promenade at night, it sounds a great place to be on an evening with the music and restaurants along there,I am also so happy that dress wise all should be ok even though we will be cautious if we travel outside of Agadir we are so looking forward to going now. We didn't think about Ramadam when we booked it though but it looks like we are not there at the same time.

Thank you for advise on taxis fares, We weren't sure what we should be paying but now we have a much better idea as we certainly don't want to get ripped off.

All your advise has been very helpful and much appreciated, i am sure we will both have the bestest of times and experience a wonderful time in Agadir

Emma

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Hi....... Just returned today from a tour of Morocco, which finished in Agadir.

You will be fine with shorts, strappy tops and skirts in the main tourist bits; although no one was wearing really high heels.

The main problem we had was with my daughters light blonde hair and blue eyes. She got a LOT of attention !!!!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Thanks for the update of dress code, i think i was worrying a little too much with everyone's responses. i will steer away from the high heels especially since i can't walk in them too well. I hope the unwanted attention your daughter got did not cause too many problems?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

Just got back from 10 days at the Tikada Dunas ,you'll have no problems with anything. The food& drink is very good in the hotel so you might not want to pay for it outside. We walked down the promenade and back most nights after eating in the hotel.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

PS we had no problems with sun beds around pool and on beach.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agadir promonade late at night-Tikida Dunas Hotel

thank you for your reply, all information is much appreciated as we go on Thursday and i am getting nervous as to what to expect , good to know about the sunbeds too, been a sunworshipper i need my sunbed!!

Get answers to your questions about Agadir