We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

14 posts
Save Topic
Currency

Hi

I know that there have been many posts on this topic but I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

We will be arriving in agadir airport at about 10pm, will the bureaux de change be open at this time or not?

Many thanks for your help

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

The answer is yes. Whenever there are flight arrvals the airport is open for business including bureaux of change.

There are also a couple of ATMs inside the airport. You will need to inform your bank prior to leaving the UK that you likely to use your bank card in Agdir giving them the dates of your holiday.

Cheers

Cas

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

BdeC is usually open until the last flight in.

Don't worry if the ATM's don't work, there are 116 in total in the Agadir region and plenty on main roads and hotels in the tourist ventre.

At weekends ATM's are frequently empty and not refilled until the following Monday.

Read my article on Banks and Money - tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocc…

Edited: 23 July 2012, 11:41
Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

Many thanks for your helpful and speedy replies!

Not long to go to our trip now, can't wait!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency

Latets news has it that the temperature today has reached 38 degrees. Hope you are preapred!!!

England
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency

I read on one thread that you shouldnt take £'s to change as they dont accept them in the BdeC?

I was planning on taking most of my money in notes then a debit card as back up?

Cheers

James

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency

Who ever wrote that is talking nonsense.

All major world currencies are accpeted. If you read my article (link above) you will see which currencies are not accepted, namely Scottish or Irish Sterling notes and Australian Dollars.

The only condition on bringing any paper currency into Morocco for exchange is that it must not have ink marks or tears and be in very fine condition.

Regards

Edited: 24 July 2012, 10:53
Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
7. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 10:17