We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

I have read that this is a high European vacation spot. I am wondering if if many of the people who live there have been Europeans who have set up shops, restaurants, etc

I am interested in what culture will be available if i choose to visit this city for my 3 week Moroccan trip. Thanks for your help.

Miami
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

I would recommend Marrakesh, Essaouira and Fez if you are lookingfor a real Moroccan culture.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

Thanks ...I have been to meknes, Merzouga, Fez, Assilah, Tangier, Rabat, Casablanca...was just looking around for something new

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

hello

youcan organise culture trips with a local tour company to explore agadir , taroudant ,tiznit and massa + immouzer

this article may help you :

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c120434/Aga…

Cheers

Anna

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

Agadir isn't my cup of tea, and given where you've already been it might not be yours either.

I'd suggest the Anti Atlas area, specifically the Ameln Valley and Tafraoute. You could combine that with Sidi Ifni, Legzira and Mirleft (all on the coast). This area is south of Agadir so you could fly there and journey on. Check out places on http://looklex.com/morocco/index.htm

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

French is the biggest influence in Agadir. Some restaurants are French owned whilst others are Moroccan owned. You will find a huge variation in cuisine, Moroccan, French, Korean, Chinese, Japanese and others.

Same goes for hotels where some are German or Italian operated.

I go just to get away in the winter months when it is quiet. I use it as a base and the max time I have been here is 2 weeks with visits out to Marrakech or Essaouia for 2-3 days in between.

Consider that other haunt of visitors to Morocco, Marrakech, which should keep you busy for a week at least.

I believe three weeks in Agadir will be far too long if you wish to experience landscape and culture, there's not much of that here I fear.

Looklex is a great source of information.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

Thank you all. The looklex is a wonderful concise info link. Things have definitely gotten easier since I started looking on the web 6 years ago for travel in this country. That said...it could be good or bad!

Great suggestions as I am not one for the mob of tourists. Can't wait to sleep under the stars in Hassi Labied again! :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

I also would recomment a trip to the south of Agadir, places suggested by Tim. People are different there also, a different taste of Morocco can be found there.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

When my Moroccan husband and I took our first big trip around Morocco together a decade ago, I had scheduled a three day stop in Agadir. Quite frankly, after 24 hours I felt that I had to move on. The place was full of European tourists (this was October), including Brits going to the British pub and Germans drinking steins of beer. It reminded me of Benidorm. It's fine for those who like that kind of holiday, but a little too 'westernized' for my taste. Maybe I'll go back one day and give it another try ... I don't want to damn it outright - just that it was not for me.

If you have not been to Marrakech and Essaouira, you should definitely spend some time there. Tim's suggestions are excellent: Tafraoute, Sidi Ifni and Mirleft and definitely worth visiting. Perhaps you could fly into Agadir and do the deep south, ending up in Marrakech (shopping!) and fly out from there.

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip. Enjoy!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

Luckily visitors to Agadir are not as badly behaved as those who go to the Costa's, even the Brits are quite civilised..

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: will I feel like I am in Europe or Morocco

Some pictures of (1) Sidi Ifni, Legzira and Mirleft and (2) Tafraoute

(1) morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

(2) morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Get answers to your questions about Agadir