We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday 2013 help please!

Ipswich
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday 2013 help please!

Hello All,

I am looking to go on holiday with my girlfriend this year and having visited Marrakesh last year or 2 days I am keen to go back to Morocco. My girlfriend wants to go somewhere really hot but I'm not so worried about the heat. Does Agadir just get to around 26*C during July? As this doesn't seem particularly hot.

Also can anyone recommend a hotel in Agadir and Marrakesh as my plan is to spend 4 days on the beach and then 3 days exploring marrakesh. I'm looking to pay around £40 per night for both of us. Also if anyone thinks agadir is a poor choice and can suggest somewhere better then I'm all ears!

I know, a complicated ask, but if anyone has any suggestions or advice then that would be greatly appreciated!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday 2013 help please!

26C may be an average but last year the temp reached 48C on one day. If your gf wants hot then this is the place to come during the summer months although I go in winetr as the temperatures are more tolerable. Check this for last years weather reports, which incidentally may not be repeated again this year:

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

There are hundreds of hotels so you have between now and July to read reports in the hotels section at the side of the page, contact people who have written reviews with any questions, decide what facilities you need in a hotel etc.

My preference has for a long time been the Argana who's rates have dropped considerably over the years. This isn't near the beach but is within easy walking distance.

As you will be going during peak season, expect it to be very crowded.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday 2013 help please!

Expect temperature to be well above 26 degree during day time. You would looking at an averge of 35 degrees. If this too hot for you, then Essaouira could an alternative. Great beach, but much breezier than Agadir.

Marrakesh would even hotter. 40s degrees.

Accommodation in Agadir in high season is at premuim. I go along with John recommendation of the hotel Argana. Next door is the Mabrook. Two minute away is the Tagadirt. you will be looking at around £35 a room night.

Cheers

Cas

3. Re: Holiday 2013 help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations