We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

Hi guys,

I know this is a massive long shot. But I lost my GoPro yesterday

(Thursday 10th Jan at around 13:00) whilst out learning to surf at

Panoramas in Taghazout. Well gutted. I spent a good hour searching for it and then tried again to find it around 4pm and again at 5pm at Low Tide.

It was attached to my head with the head strap so if found, this

should be attached to it too. It has pictures & videos from my first 2

days in Taghazout and will also have the two GoPro Anti Fog strips

inside the casing. The battery should have the number '2' written on the back of it.

If anyone does hand in one or you hear of one that has been found, can you possibly let me know? I'm in Taghazout until Tuesday 15th Jan.

Thanks alot for your help

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

Long shot indeed. But while you are still there, get some of the local young guys to help you with the search in return of small reward. You never know!!!

Good luck

Cas

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

Thanks man,

Went to the Police station today to report it lost - It's what I have to do for my insurance. They didn't wanna know. Now there's a surprise!

They told me there should be an 'agent' policeman in Taghazout who I need to see to officially state it's lost and get some sort of written agreement. I fear they are just flobbing me off to someone else!

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

In Morocco you have to report a loss or theft at the nearest police station to the incident. You can't make the report at any random police station.

If you haven't done so already, contact your insurance company whilst you are in Morocco to report the loss.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

There is a police station on the beach in Taghazout and that is where it should be reported. They should take a type written report from you and give you a copy. That is what you will need. Such items are rarely if ever found as they are rapidly sold for quick cash by the finder.

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

Thanks for your advice. I've since discovered there is a police station in Taghazout so would have gone there had I known this! I agree if it's found by someone, the chances are it'll be sold on. You never know!

6. Re: Lost GoPro in Taghazout. Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations