We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Spending money??

I have finally booked the flights!! i am going on the 24th of feb till 9th of march first stop will be agadir for 6 days then 6 days in marrakech and back to agadir for 1 more night there is 6 of us in total i wanted to ask how much spending money will i need roughly as i am confused people saying different things so abit of advise will be helpful :)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money??

People say different things Armani786 as this question is impossible to answer. How long is a piece of string? What things are you interested in doing/buying? What restaurants do you like/what are you prepared to spend for a meal? Are you thinking about taking presents back? Are you drinkers (of alcohol that is)? Are you staying all inclusive? There is no "rough guide" to questions about spending money - it's completely up to you and your fellow travellers to decide what their budgets could be. Sorry!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money??

Yes you are right i dont drink alcohol i do like to eat out but we will be staying in a apartment which is self catering i dont intend on doing shopping i just want a relaxing holiday i am going for 2 weeks and i am only going to spend money when it is necessary and not get ripped off by shop keepers or hustlers

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money??

If you don't drink and you are able to dodge rip-off merchants at souvenir shops and the like, then really 150 to 250 Dirhams (about £15 - £20) a day should go a long way if you shop and hang aroung where the locals do.

Cheers

Cas

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money??

Cheers mate i was thinking about 700 as im not gna be doing much apart from relaxing maybe visit the clubs and see a few sights bearing in mind there is 6 of us so we can share the prices

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money??

150 to 250 dirhams is nearer £11 to £19 currently. 700 Dh is about £52.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money??

Hi Just got back from Agadir.

The spending money question is a pain on every TA Board as we all spend money in different ways.

As a heads up in Agadir ( Tourist area ) a three course meal of the day, was going for bet 55 - 90 dirhans. A coffee 20 mint Tea 6. To be honest in the prices's in the tourist area where no cheaper than the UK. Yes I know that the local areas are cheaper and I'm sure others will supply the prices.

We got 12.99 per £1 from the hotel but banks were offering a better rate.

Remember that the majority of things you need will have to be bartered for so depends on how good you are lol.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money??

Hmm not bad so how much spending money did u take lol

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money??

I spent about €700 for two weeks -stayed B&B so paid for lunch and dinner with wine every night. Also had a couple of drinks every night and bought a few small bits and pieces and used taxis a couple of times. I travelled with a friend so this is just me and she probably spent similar.

If not drinking alcohol I probably could take this down by about €200.

9. Re: Spending money??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations