We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agadir - Argan Womens' Co-operative

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Agadir - Argan Womens' Co-operative

Hello,

I am visiting Agadir in March and would love to visit a Womens' Co-operative producing Argan Oil. If possible I'd also like to take some photos and write a piece for my travel blog.

Can anybody suggest an authentic Argan co-operative that is happy to have visitors please?

I'm over 9-16 March.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agadir - Argan Womens' Co-operative

Hi Suzanne,

I haven't heard of Womens' Co-operative producing Argan Oil as such., But there are villages where local women produce idenpendtly no more so than Argana Village some 70 kilometer northe west. of Agadir. Grand shared taxi from Agadir would the cheapest option.

In Souk Al had in Agadir, you would also see women grinding the Argan nuts into Argan oil. They would be normally sitting in front of their husbands shops inside the Souk.

You must have a good noise for smell to detect real mccoy. There are many fakes or diluted alternatives which people mistake for the real goods.

Good luck

cas

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Argana Hotel
Argana Hotel
1,075 Reviews
Agadir, Morocco
2. Re: Agadir - Argan Womens' Co-operative

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Agadir