We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

Hi there! Two girls traveling to Agardir for 5 days in July and are looking for a place on the beach for accommodations. We're not timid girls traveling alone, however we do want to be comfortable with some nice amenities (ie. pool, comfortable beds, ability to have alcohol, etc). Started looking first at air BNB to find an apartment to rent, as we are both not into resort hotels and all-inclusive, however all the options look less than stellar.

I would like to surf and my friend would like to play tennis (and both of us relax on the beach and eat Moroccan food) for the five days we're there.

With the research I've done on tripadvisor, it seems that a hotel or Riad is the best option for convenience's sake and our need for beach front.

Does anyone have any advise? I'm talking to a really helpful person that runs the surf club at Robinson Club and also looked at Paradis Plage. These hotels seem popular and provide a lot of sports activities and taxi to the town for some real food seems easy....

Thanks!

Edited: 26 June 2013, 23:46
Strasbourg, Alsace...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

the robinson is very good i think , i used to go there myself , but u will find only german people there , it's an hotel made by germans for germans however u will still have lot of fun there.

Agadir itself is a touristic city so no problem drinking alcohol and u can also wear what u want;

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

Melissa,

SURFING/TENNIS

In and around Agadir you will find plenty of surfing facilities, but not much for tennis activity. July is actually not a good month for surfing on the Agadir beach itself. The sea waves would be rather Smaller and calmer Your best bet would to head to surfing hot spots just few kilometres north of Agadir like Taghazoute or Cap Rhir.

WHERE TO STAY

If you are looking at renting an apartment, then there are few places where you can try. However. only those of premium rental would come with a swimming pool.

There are many hotels in the heart of Agadir town with swimming pools and offer self-catering apartments.

Tagadirt Aparthotel is one of them. It is very good value for money if you are on a budget and located just few minutes walk form the beach. Just round the corner is Boulevard Mohammed V, from where you can take the bus number 34 to Taghazoute. It is a regular service. So you won’t be stranded for long periods.

MOROCCAN FOOD

There is no shortage of where you find real authentic Moroccan food. The problem is where you pay less for it.

Avoid the restaurants along the beach front promenade. Good the food as it may be, but the prices are a bit over the top

However, if you go to Talborjt district in just five minute taxi ride from the centre of Agadir and 10 dirhams fares (0.90 p). and you would find yourself in real Moroccan territory where the Moroccan go for eating themselves. The rules of thump is that wherever locals eat, the cheaper the place.

Most popular restaurant in Talborjt is Ibtissam. Just, tasty tagines and cous-cous at about 40 Dirhams (less than £4).

Let us know if anything else you wish to know

Cheers

Cas

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

" as we are both not into resort hotels and all-inclusive"

Agadir is simply the wrong location for you: try Essaouira, Safi or El Jadida instead. Food is tourist orientated and overall this concrete beach resort lacks the Moroccan character, culture and history. And Agadir cannot possibly offer traditional riad accommodation (far too a new build for that). I think that you will find that the other Atlantic coastal towns will meet your wishes much better.

4. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 19:38
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

if you want to surf then head to Taghazout, just up the coast from Agadir

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
26 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

If you want to be out of the touristy areas then head 16km north to Tamraght and Taghazout. Tamraght has every type of accommodation from the luxury Dar Haven to apartments such as Eire House. The beach is great. The only downside is the village is dry, so you have to stock up with booze in Agadir.

Agadir, Agadir...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

Hi

well for you it would be the first time in Agadir; which mean you well like it as all your demand can be found in this largest seaside city; its a such city with a mixture of many cultures ; surrounded by many see sight Taroudant,Tiout,Imouzzer,etc anyway 5 day its not enough:) ; the only thing that might disturb you, as its a high season you well find it busy.

concerning choosing beach front accommodation , you can try an appartement or villa at Tamraght it depend on your budget its about 7km from the city center, in case you want to try a great hotel with all inclusive choose Riu Palace Tikida Agadir (you won't regret ) . hope this information is useful for you and sorry for my english lol; good luck

8. Re: Choosing beachfront accommodations not so touristy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Agadir