We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
432 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

Having a hard time deciding between these options for our day in Agadir. We will be there on a cruise ship stop for one day at the end of November. They each sound very interesting. We're more into photography and videography of interesting places and scenery than shopping. A walk through a souk we wouldn't mind, but we live fulltime in our motorhome, so shopping is not a priority since our living space is so small. Essaouira looks very picturesque, and we wouldn't mind taking the bus there on our own -- we will be in port from 7a until 10p, but I am not sure we would be able to get to the bus from Agadir to Essaouira in time; return would not be a problem. Whatever we decide to do, we would much prefer to do it with a private tour guide, or rent a car if that is feasible. Any thoughts, suggestions, and guide recommendations would be much appreciated.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
432 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

To add to my post ... 4x4 doesn't have to be the only option for Imouzzer ... and if there are options for some light hiking, that would be of interest too.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

Agree, for all those places you not need 4x4 and, you can do the trips alone, rent a car is the best option.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

just back from Agadir 2 weeks ago out of the 3 options id go to paradise valley the scenery is stunning pictures do it a injustice there are plenty of guides in Agadir who will stop on route for photos it takes 1/2 day to get there and back so you can still visit the souk in Agadir which imo is better than taroudant which took about 1 1/2 hrs to get there I have to admit we took loads of pics of the walled town ( we might have had a bad guide) we never went to essaouira im guessing might be to far for one day everybody we met in morocco was friendly and helpful hope this helps

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

in my opinion , visiting Taroudant is the best option that you gonna spend all day visiting deffirent things .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
26 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

Imouzzer and Paradise Valley. It really is a wonderful experience travelling along the coast then through Paradise Valley up the mountains to Imouzzer. It certainly isn't for the fainthearted, but the waterfalls are well worth it. You can easily get there and back in a day using a shared taxi. (Message me if you would like more information.)

The waterfalls should be in fall flow in November. The scenery is amazing and you can explore the small town (though the town and waterfalls are 3kms apart) Great shopping for local handicrafts, traditional Berber jewellery and the famous honey which has a lavender and slightly peppery taste! There are two cafes, one that overlooks the waterfalls and does a good chicken tagine for 50 Dirhams ($7)

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
432 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

Thanks for all the responses. As much as I'd like to do Essaouira, I have concluded that it is too far for a day trip ... so I am leaning towards Imouzzer. We speak neither French nor Arabic, so wondering if doing this on our own might present any problems. Hiring a private guide has the advantage of not only giving us the transportation we need, but the information the guide would share with us as we explore the area would be very helpful as well. Any thoughts on a good Agadir-based private guide?

7. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 00:05
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
432 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

Thanks for the additional information. We definitely do not want to do a group tour ... we don't care for them, and whenever possible go off on our own, or hire a private guide. I appreciate the contact information.

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

I would like to go to Immouzzer from Agadir by bus,stay 1 night then return next day,is this possible ?or would I be better just going fromAgadir for the day.

10. Re: Essaouira or Taroudant or 4x4 Imouzzer Paradise Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations