We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire-uk
Level Contributor
314 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

Hi, I know this question has been mentioned a lot, but I just need to check if 3/4 length white linen is acceptable for men?? I do know that shorts is definitely not allowed. We have been too many Riu Hotels and never had a problem but I keep reading about the ''strict dress code'' and just need to make sure. Regards Sue

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

Well you could ask the hotel, but I don't have a clue what you are asking, so I suspect they won't either.

Why not take some nice clothes to wear as a 'plan B'?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

Well it isn't the Hotel George V (Paris) so ''strict dress code'' doesn't apply to any hotel in Agadir. Any smart dress will be acceptable unless you are new age travellers.

yorkshire-uk
Level Contributor
314 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

what I am asking Tim is :- are only FULL LENGTH trousers the only ''approved'' dress code for the Restaurants????? as my Husband prefers 3/4 length....

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

Perhaps Tim has never stayed there, I haven't but have stayed in numerous other hotels in Agadir and dress code is pretty much the same in all.

Perhaps you should be reading reviews for the hotel and contacting people who have actually stayed there.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

You're right, I've stayed in some of the Agadir hotels, but not that particular one, so my suggestion was to talk to the hotel.

What's clear from the numerous other threads talking about dress code is that it's often a transient situation in that dress code is often set by the other guests. One week most guests might be fairly casual, another week everyone is dressed up and a casually-dressed guest might feel awkward.

Best way around it is to pack some nice clothes.

Even though I travel by motorbike most of the time, I always have one pair of decent trousers rolled up in the luggage, just in case I'm invited somewhere classy.

england
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

All men have to wear full length trousers in restaurants at nights hope this helps

7. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:17