We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

We are staying at this hotel in late Feb with our 7 month old. I'm wondering whether we need to be cautious of the food that we give to our baby? I have read conflicting reports over whether its safe to eat the fruit and vegetables in Moroccan hotels.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Peel fruits before eating -local bananas are great. Eat veg that is peeled and cooked.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

The salads in these countries are always so hard to resist :(

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Hi,

A lot of salads in Morocco consist of cooked vegetables so you may be able to indulge after all :-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Riu Tikida Palace is a new hotel and one of the best in Agadir. I am sure the standars of their food would live up to the image of the hotel. The only thing I would recommend is avoid drinking tap water. Bottled water are very cheap in Agadir!!

Cas

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Well I did think that with it being a top class hotel I should be safe but then I read that salads etc are usually washed in tap water. For me I'm not too concerned but I don't want my young baby to get ill.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

If your baby eats specific brands of baby food ir formula milk you may want to take them with you as it is not possible to get the same brands as the UK.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Plates and glasses are washed in tap water as well.

Town tap water is fine, but by all means drink bottled if it makes you feel safer.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Ok so the tap water is safe? I keep reading conflicting things!

I get your point about glasses etc being washed in tap water. Where do you draw the line at trying to avoid it?

My baby will just be eating proper food as opposed to baby food hence the caution. It's our first trip with him so we are a little nervous!

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

Hope you have a good holiday! I am traveling to riu palace in March with my 10 month old and wondering the same thing. Can you let me know how you get on when your back? I bet you will have an amazing time :)

UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Tikida Palace - food safety?

I would like to say that I was fine on this holiday. . I stayed at this hotel over the Xmas and New Year.The hotel uses filter water to wash the salads and the ice is safe. We had plenty of salads and had not had a problem. If anyone gets a dodgy tummy then its me. This is one of the reason I did not eat out as I wanted to safe than sorry. At all the bars they give you a straw with your drinks again this is good as your not getting germs from someone else. Last but not least take some hand wash with you and use it before you eat. Enjoy your hols we did.