We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu palace tikida agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
riu palace tikida agadir

Going to the palace last week in march. First time to Agadir but have been to several riu hotels in the dominican and mexico. Just wondered whether they operate in the same way.That is are you able to access the adjacent riu hotels and use their facilities.Although the palaces tend to me nicer hotels on the whole it is nice to have the option of calling in a different hotel for a drink or swim when going for a walk.Does anyone know?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=9519&geo=293731&scope=2&q=riu+palace+tikida+agadir&pid=34633&s=D

(As usual copy and paste link into your browser as TA often defaults on this simple function. Sigh.)

may help.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 18:45
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

Yes you can use other RIU hotels. But again why would you want to do that? the Palace is by far the best with all the facilities you would expec from a 5 star hotel.

Cheers

Cas

Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

hi there, i just booked our riu tikida palace vacation for feb 18. was somehow hard to decide between tikida dunas and the palace. but opted for palace as it is newer and seems stylish... know the palace bavaro in dominican which was also built in late 2011 and thought this might be comparable. just wondered which wing to be the best? does anybody have a map of the resort with room numbers shown? looking for a room on an upper floor, facing the pool but not being too far from restaurant and lobby as my father has trouble walking long distances. any recommendations? and furthermore is there a shuttle to agadir old town or any public transport close to the hotel or how does it work? have never been to morocco before and am thankful for any hint and advice... what about temperatures to be expected? thanks for all input :*

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

I have maps of Agadir but not of the hotel complex. Having a room facing the beach and ocean would be my personal preference.

The hotel is close to all the usal ammenities which Agadir has to offer and is located in the heart of the tourist sector as it is called. If you want to get around town, go out the front and hail a moving petit taxi, this is a small vehicle and coloured orange. These are metered and do not cost much to get even across town, provided the driver has the meter on. I say stop a moving taxi as although there will be taxi's parked up in front of tyhe hotel, they will more than likely charge you more by giving you a fixed (high) rate and not use the meter.

The alternatives are the larger Merceded which are not metered so you have to agree a rate before getting in.

Weather is good all year round in Agadir and the temp may average around 22C or thereabouts.

Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

thx john for all the infos.

maybe someone else has a resort map itself... so i could email the hotel with a concrete room number or allocation...

thx :D

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

Sunnygirl

The ideal room you may be looking for would be on west wing of 4th floor. THe RIU palace now is bing ranked among the top 3 best hotels in Agadir. You will not be disappointed!!!

Getting around the town is easily done by a small orange taxis, which are always available outside the hotel or just down the road from the hotel. As John said you should always ask the driver to display the meter.

Temperature in February should be warm and would averge 25 degrees day time. But much cooler in evenings. A cardigan would be very handy when out in eveinings and nightime.

As a first timer to Agadir, please feel free to ask anything else you may want to know.

Cheers

Cas

Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

Cas, thank you very much for your help. I will try to get a room on upper floor westwing... :D

As far as asking all my other questions, I really appreciate your offer and help. I actually browsed the Marrakech forum as well and found the link to the local transport company ctm. I wanted to book tickets online but whichever day and time I enter, I always get the same vacancy display... Last night there were more seats available but also always the same - no matter if thursday, saturday, sunday and mornings or late afternoons. Always the same seat map - and almost no seats going to Marrakech. Any idea what I shall do? Do they sell all tickets online or is there a chance to buy them in Agadir and board the bus directly?

Thank you so much,

Sunnygirl

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

Sunny Girl,

The best, secure and easy way is to wait till you get to Agadir and book your seats the day before you go to Marrakesh. There are two coach companies that go between Agadir and Marraeksh: CTM and Supratour. The coach station in Agadir is located near Souk Al Had (a big markets in Agadir). It is about 10 minutes taxi ride from your Hotel, and the fare should be no more that 15 Moroccan Dirhams (equivalent to about £1.

Alternatively there is Supratours office on Rue des Oranges at the end of Ave Hassan II. less than 5 minutes taxi ride form your hotel. Any taxi driver would know this place. Remember to book a day before to gurantee your seat(s)

Coach tickets Agadir to Marrakesh is 100 Moroccan Dirhams (equivalent to about £8)

Below is the timetable:

New route on motorway (journey time 3 hours):

Agadir to Marrakech: 5:00, 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:30, 23:59

Marrakech to Agadir: 8:30, 10:30, 12:30, 14:30, 16:30, 18:30, 20:30, 22:30

A word of warning: Marrakesh, and particulary its famous square Jmaa El Fna is not for the faint hearted. It would a huge culture shock for anyone who haven'e been there before.

Cheers

Cas

Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

cas, thank you once again!

i just wondered if all ctm-buses in the morning are fully booked as mainly all seats ae unavailable - no matter what date or time. lets hope there will be space for 4 people... we still havent decided if to just go 1 day or to stay in a riad and return the next day. my parents are going and they have been to marrakech before but missed the jmaa el fnaa at night which my mom said must be the best time to see lively action... i guess they wont be shocked and i hope me and my daughter wont be either. have been to various regions of the world and also to souks etc but not in morrocco... well... thanks for all. my send you a pm if i need further info...

take care,

sunnygirl

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: riu palace tikida agadir

Hi,

Please don't try to visit Marrakech just as a day trip. You will hardly have any time to experience anything at all. At least an overnight visit is better.

Get answers to your questions about Agadir