We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment recommendations Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment recommendations Agadir

Hi, hubby and I, in our 50s, 1st time visit to Morocco end March, don't want to stay in an hotel, would prefer an apartment with a balcony. Has anyone got any recommendations please? Also, thinking of hiring a car and wondering how easy it is to drive there?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

I've sent you a PM with details of someone who owns an apartmet and rents it out.

Other than this you can rent an apartment in one of the hotels such as Intourist which has different options available. However, this hotel is not on the beach and is some distance away from the centre.

Any reason why it should be an apartment and not just a room or B&B in a hotel? You can get some very good rates even in the top hotels these days.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Hi, the reason we thought an apartment is because we like to just do what we want, when we want to do it. Get up when we want etc etc etc. We lead a hectic life and this is our one week to just veg out. With a B & B it's breakfast and whatever time, sticking to schedules and the same with an hotel really. I will contact the link you sent me and see how we go.

Thanks for your reply.

Deb

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

I like B O apart-hotel. It has modern self-catering apartments, so you could buy your supplies and have breakfast in the apartment when you want to. Or they have a small restaurant which provides meals (obviously at an extra charge).

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Thanks for that. I've looked and just e mail the hotel direct so hope they get back to me soon.

Deb

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Hello John9159! Please may I have your contact details for the apartment in Agadir?

I would like to be very close to the beach and the nightlife/restaurants.

Thank you!

Edited: 01 May 2014, 10:32
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Deb:

APARTMENT

Although I undestand you reason for opting for an apartment rather than a hotel,, there are some down sideS to this option, especialy in your case as firt time visitor to Agadir. You will have to learn quickly where to shop for your daily products, negotiate you way around the town to find what you want, do you own cooking and clean up after. Also most apartments for rental are not necessary close to he beach 9unless if you choose one by the Marina which pretty expensive). I would suggest a hotel on bed only. Then have your meals outside, There many place to go for that at anytime of the day.

DRIVING:

Driving in or around town can be achoatic and sometime the tracfiic can be a nightmare. Driving outside town and towards the surrounding villages and country side is pretty good, and some of the sceneries are beatiful. It is all depends on how far you want go.

It is worth while knowing that the small red taxis in town are very cheap as long as the driver display the meter.

Have a great time whatever you decide!!!

Cas

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Hi Cas

Is self catering particularly difficult in Agadir or not any more 'difficult' than usual?

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Sha927,

Self catering is NOT difficult in Agadir. But for some first time visitors it could be when shoppindg for daily products. There few western style supermarkets, but question is to get to them. Marjane supermarket for example is out of the town centre. Carrefour supermarket is in a residential area near Talborjt. The only one in the town centre is the Uniprix. But for the ultimate shopping experience you should head to Souk El Had. That's where most Agadirians go for shopping. Anything from a humble potato to a large plasma TV. However, some butcher shops in the Souk are not for the faint hearted.

I regularly stay at Argana hotel on room only basis. But have had two experiences with self catering in Agadir. One was at Residence ISNI, the other one was at Tagadirt Aparthotel. Both expereinces were OK, but I found tha hassle that came with self catering unnecessary.

Bottom line is, you are on holiday, you should be relaxing and enjoying your time in Agadir. Not going around wasting precious holiday time looking for shopping, carrying all them bags. Besides, eating out in Agadir is pretty cheap if you look around at the right places.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Cas

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

sha927 - I will send you details by private message although apartments owned by foreigners (European or Brits) for rental are usually far from the beach and/or the centre for restaurants or shops.

I agree that a B&B option is not all bad as you can get some really good deals in tourist hotels and your breakfast is thrown in for good measure.

Eating out need not be expensive as you can get a 3 course meal from a set menu for around £5.00

There are some reasonable hotels right in the centre of town, close to shops and restaurants, such as Residence Igoudar which has self catering apartments but sells out fast. You can get a week here for around £120.00 or better.

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment recommendations Agadir

Thank you for all of your help.

We find that when away for more than a week it is always nice to have a larger place (apartment) than a hotel room. May try to look for an apartment within a hotel with board though.