We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

Well I arrived here 4 days ago with my daughter and have found the dining experience very poor along with my general feel with what Agadir has to offer.

Tomorrow is our last night before we head north for Marrakech where I hope things will be more to our taste in many ways. Really don't want to waste my time with ''poor quality '' seafront restaurants so would really appreciate any advice regarding decent mid price range (or less !) eating establishments in Agadir area.

Many thanks !

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

I wrote the following article just for those people who want an impartial view on the places I have eaten at:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c122715/Aga…

I do not belive all restaurants, even on the sea front, are "rip-off merchants". Most, if not all, restaurants display prices outside of their establishments and have a menu showing the same so one will always know what to expect to pay.

I have only ever had one bad experience which was at Bab Marrakech where I asked for something not on the menu and paid dearly for that error.

Restaurants such as La Scala or Le Jazz are amnongst the best in Agadir but you will pay for the quality of the food here.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

Re: post @8 " you must negotiate the price before ordering!!!" (food stalls, Djemma al Fna, Marrakech).

What nonsense! The menu prices are clearly posted at each stall. There is no negotiation involved.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

Pilobolus,

Forgive my ignorance!!! But how do you explain people been charged for something they haven't order, but was put for them as gratis side-dish. How do you explain when they told you "Sorry the menu prices are out of date, and we forgot to display the nice prices them". Them stall holders are masters in coming up with all the tricks in the book to get extra cash from tourists, particularly the new visitors to the place. And the reply in post@ is of relevant to them. So please don't call it nonsense

Cheers

Cas

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

I think it's not a matter of negotiating the price, as prices are posted, but in making it clear exactly what the customer wants. Any extra dishes not ordered should be refused.

Do your own calculation based on the menu, and pay only that amount.

Keeping a small calculator in a pocket might be a good idea generally.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

it is true that the stalls often will give bread, sauce and olives when you sit down and then try to charge for each item at the end - most people probably assume they are free, so if you dont want them then send them back immediately

I hadnt heard the 'out of date prices' trick before, but not suprised that some might try it! Pay the price on the menu and walk away.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

I agree, no negotiation required. They all have menus, keep in mind the cost of what you order and pay that amount plus a small tip if they accept graciously. Not all the stalls will try to overcharge anyway so it's not right to suggest so.

17. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 01:11
Mumbles, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

We went a couple of times to Tia Papa and had some lovely food. You can access it off the main road (near the bird valley garden) or from the beach, just following the shops. It is tucked away and has a nice atmosphere because of the shops. Nice sunny spot in the day, especially when it is windy on the beach.

Good food and a good price.

Agadir, Morocco
2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

I give your a ride to see all them

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Looking to find decent food on our last night at OK price.

Just a footnote on the Marrakech Grills .

Was there last week , had great value very tasty meals , service was great and wasnt ripped off at all , paid what was on the menu and left a small tip .

Get answers to your questions about Agadir