We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Agadir expensive?

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Is Agadir expensive?

I'm wondering how far 270MAD will get you?

I'm going to Agadir next week.. for seven nights.

My hotel is all inclusive so I won't be spending any money on food or drinks.

I'm 7 months pregnant so most excursions are out of bounds :(

I'll probably only spend money when we go out for the day for my mums birthday but even then I doubt I'll be buying much?

Maybe a few bits of cheap jewellery as presents for two friends, nothing more.

Sorry if this has got long, just trying to work out the cost of things as I don't have a clue if 270 is a lot or nothing at all lol.

What do you think?

Thank you!

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

I have the equivalent to 1400MAD to spend all together, by the way but 270 is what I already have from my dad so won't change anymore if I don't need to!

Edited: 16 March 2014, 20:35
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

Am I correct in assuming you have 270Dh for the entire week? As this equates to approximately £20.00 I doubt it will go far if you are wandering about town buying trinkets, snacks and drinks, which you will need plenty of to avoid dehydration.

I reckon if you not going to spend money on anythin but essentials then 1400Dh can go far, or it would if you haggle hard with traders.

ps - have you got the currency in Moroccan Dirhams or Sterling?

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

My daughter (age21) took 5 x £20 for our week, and we advised her to change up one note at a time. She landed up only changing 3 of her notes.

Her spending pattern was similar to yours, in that she wasn't paying for excursions, and was just buying odd bits and presents for friends.

I hope this is of help to you - she was also staying all-inclusive.

Jaycine x

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

No John, as my second post said, I have 1400 which is the equivalent to £100 but at the start before I change anymore I will only have 270dh. So I'm just trying to get an idea of how far that will stretch and if I'm better off changing a bit at a time and seeing how it goes or just doing it all as I don't have any concept of what things cost out there. I really don't see anything to spend money on. I intend on pretty much staying in my hotel in the pool (I'm lazy and pregnant haha!) except for the one day of my mums birthday where we may go shopping and eat out rather than staying in the hotel. My dad will be taking care of things like taxi's. So yeah.. bottles of water and two bracelets is really all I'll need money for.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

Yes it is! I think it's a good idea to do that. I'm just gonna go with the first 270dh/£20 and then change more as I need it after that.

This holiday is like a combined treat for myself and my mum off my dad. Me before I have a baby and my mum for her 50th so extra costs like transport will be paid by him. Lucky us lol.

It's about chilling out rather than seeing and doing loads for us so I think I'll do what your daughter did :)

Thank you! x

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

That's exactly what our last trip was - our xmas prezzie off hubby; sprog hadn't visited before.

In case you miss it, when you change up your first £20, try and get a receipt as you will need to show it if you want to change and MAD back to GBP at the airport on your return.

Contrary to what many reps will tell you though, you can spend MAD airside at the airports - it's just the duty free shops that do not take them.

We were getting 2 mint tea and a latte for 46 dirham - UK airports should please take note.

Have a great Holiday,

Jaycine x

P>S> BTW Welcome to the site and the Forum!!

Edited: 17 March 2014, 07:02
England, United...
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

Alacia C,

Lots of people think that Morocco is going to be really cheap and then are surprised at some of the prices. Yes, on the whole it is cheap compared to the UK but for some reason not as cheap as some expect. If you want to make your money go further move away from your hotel and general tourist area to spend it. If you go to the large Municiple Market (Souk/Marche al Hda - or similar name) you will find lots of bargains to be had - some at fixed price but others you will have to hone your haggling skils to get the best deal. Don't be put off though as that can be a fun experience.

There are some cafes there around the edge if you need to sit down and there are also plenty of ladies loos which are fine to use.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

Thank you for the advice both of you! :)

9. Re: Is Agadir expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations