We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosque with English translation

Agadir, Morocco
3 posts
Save Topic
Mosque with English translation

Does anyone kno of a mosque in Agadir where the Friday sermon is translated into English?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosque with English translation

No. And unless you are muslim you would not be allowed to enter any mosque in Morocco other than Hassan II in Casablanca, and Tin Mal near Ijoukak.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 22:00
Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosque with English translation

Dear John ,

Only the musulman can be enter to the mosque and non musulman not allowed to enter , you have the possibility to see the mosqe but near the gate ( if you stand near the outside door).

Usuelly the friday speech is in Arabic Language and some Mosque translated it to Berber Langauge sometimes.

Home that can help you.

Warmest greeting from Agadir

Agadir, Morocco
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosque with English translation

To Ahmneeed and TimCullis, thanks guys for your messages, actually I was in a mosque here in Agadir and asked the same question as above. Unfortunately the Imam did not kno of a mosque with English. So i don't have any problem getting in, but i want to understand the Imam's sermon.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosque with English translation

John, it is not legal to enter any mosque in Agadir if you are not a Muslim.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosque with English translation

Dear John ,

If the Imam let you enter to the mosque that means you are a Muslim or you enter to pronounce ASSHAHADA (The testimony of faith).

I live In Agadir and no Imam of the mosque here speak in English , if you want to understand Friday speech or ask for something best way is to see someone who will transplant it from Arabic to English.

Hope you are enjoying your time here.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 09:51
6. Re: Mosque with English translation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations