We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Palace

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic Palace

I have just booked the Atlantic Palace for the first week in July. Any views on this hotel? Also do they supply Beach Towels, Hairdryers etc? Or do I need to take these items. Any excursions that are good or hiring a car and explore.

Many thanks

Nicola

Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Palace

You can ask them directly at reception@atlanticpalaceresort.com

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Palace

Thanks, I did email three days ago and have had no reply. I will try again. Just wondered if anyone had stayed here before.

Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Palace

Wow, that's a really impressive non-service provided by your hotel. I am not going to dig through their french only(????) site to find the information. I had a quick glance at it though:

Hairdryers: Some rooms have them (see above, I won't check all descriptions).

Excursions: prices seem to be seriously inflated - a 9h 4wd-excursion comes for the price of an apartment for a whole month.. Agadir has lots of tour operators, I suggest to book the tours elsewhere.

Some ideas for excursions:

to the north: the coastal road up to Essaouira is breathtaking (you can drive yourself, a car comes at 250 to 300 MAD per day with unlimited mileage)

to the west: Taroudant, also called "little Marrakesh"

to the south: Sous-Massa National Park

to the south: Sidi Ifni - a beautiful Art Deco town (beware, about 3.5h drive from Agadir) I suggest to take the route through the Sous-Massa National Park, through Aglou and Mirleft - again a beautiful (partly coastal) road. I'd take the other road through Tiznit for the return to Agadir, it's faster albeit less beautiful after Tiznit (fast road, 2 lanes each direction).

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Essaouira
Essaouira
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic Palace

edit: taroudant is to the east of course, the only city west of agadir could be atlantis ;)

Edited: 05 May 2014, 23:11
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
569 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic Palace

Why don't you read the reviews on the hotel and ask specific questions to people who actually stayed there? They may be able to answer your questions and give you some idea of what to expect.

tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g293731-d299690-…

Edited: 06 May 2014, 00:12
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic Palace

Hi I have read through lots of the reviews. And translated the page from French to English and those questions have not been answered. Hence this post.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantic Palace

Hi thanks for looking on website I did have a quick look and translated the website.

I am going to hire a car and wish to go and explore.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantic Palace

What PofSparrow is suggesting is that you read the reviews in the link given for that hotel (tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT) and then click on the part below each review where it says "Ask Joe Bloggs about Atlantic Palace Agadir".

You can then ask the person who wrote the review what they know about your request (although I am repeating part of what has already been written).

Edited: 06 May 2014, 14:50
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantic Palace

Hi thanks john9159 I have already tried that as well hence writing on this forum. Maybe I should have written what I had tried before. 1. Contacting the hotel directly 2. Contacting previous visitors and reading through many reviews. 3. Translating the website from French to English.

I will endeavour to see if anyone answers! But I did also believe that these forums are to be used to ask questions who may have visited/stayed here.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantic Palace

Of course you may ask but the idea of sending messages to individuals will (virtually) guarantee that they get an email notification that a message awaits them on TA. They may not be regular visitors to TA so an email notification will prompt them.

Get answers to your questions about Agadir