We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

Hi

Has any one recently done a over night to Marrakech from Agadir.We only have a week at the Tikda beach but really want to go to Marrakech and stay at one of the Riads over night to take in AS Much atmosphere and sights as possible! What has been YOUR experience of the taxi ride ? We feel this would give us more free time to see what WE want than a organised trip.With VERY limited time. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK !!!

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

Hi! Well... we actually took a Supratours bus (which is really a coach, of about equal comfort to any tour operator coach). It cost around £5 each way, and you save a fortune doing it this way instead of through the tour companies! I'm not sure how much Taxi rides cost (and bear in mind the people driving them will try to rip you off as they believe you are very rich as a tourist!!). You can ask a taxi to take you to the supratours agencie in Agadir where you buy your ticket (although go several days before to ensure you can get the time you want) and you can buy your return ticket at the station where you are dropped off in Marrakech. Marrakech is a very walkable, and well sign-posted city so getting around independantly is relatively simple. It is an amazing place, and was the highlight of our holiday! You'll enjoy it which ever way you do it Im sure.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

Thank you for that info- supratours has been mentioned before i think it sounds a good idea.Cant wait to see Marrakech even though it will be brief, a taster to go back and stay in Marrakech another time!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

We didn't do the trip as Thomas Cook were asking £90 for an overnight trip or £50 for a day which is pointless as it takes so long to get there! Taxis are also a rip off..... we asked one of the drivers and I can;t remeber what he said it was that extrotionate.... about £70 fir a day...... crazy......

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

I think Taxi's are pretty expensive unless you share with a few people. We went with CTM one of the other bus companies all the bus companies are located on the same road and the prices are very similar we paid £11 each for a return. The bus was very nice and air conditioned they had several buses a day so its fairly easy to get one to suit you. We went and booked 2 days before hand. On the way home we wanted to some back a little earlier and were able to change our ticket half an hour before the bus we wanted to get on left so it may not be neccesary to do it so far in advance but I would reccomend it. We booked our riad on riads.co.uk but there are several sites all offering very similar prices maroc selection is another. We booked two nights in the best room the riad had to offer complete with jacuzzi (the riad was also only 2 mins walk from the square) and including the bus fair I think it cost only about £20 more than it would of done going with the tour operator for just one night. You could do it even cheaper if you lose the jacuzzi. A nice riad will prob set you back about £50 a night for a bit more luxury spend £70 - £90 you can spend even more if you have the cash but chances are you won't spend a massive amount of time at the riad as there is so much to see and do its prob not worth it.

5. Re: Taxi or organised coach trip to Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations