We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

Hello all,

please can anybody tell me what the gym facilities are like, I don't seem to be able to find much info about this on here.

Also, I was wondering about whether to book some of the trips [we are going with First Choice later this month]. Or would you suggest booking locally when we get there.

And....finally :) we arrive quite late in the evening, will there be any light snacks etc still available at the hotel?

Many thanks for any snippets of info.

Love all the first hand info from Traveller

glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

not a big gym just had a quick look treadmills and some bikes I think it , next to the indoor pool

cant help you with trips sorry we only had a massage £25 booked through our rep picked up and drop off at hotel approx. 2 hours

they will keep the Moroccan restaurant open for your arrival have a quick bite while your luggage shall be delivered to your room

just returned today if you have any other questions just ask

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

Thanks Whitey

hope you had a good holiday.

What were your best bits?

Not so best bits?

Did you go for a hammam massage ? [not sure of spelling ] :/

glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

hi

it was a Aragon oil massage full body , across from the beach my husband also had a massage on the beach £20 he really enjoyed this one I will get the guys name for you !!

to be honest the hotel needs upgraded ,ie bedrooms and pools but plenty of food you will not go hungry or thirsty cant comment on the shows as we never went but the entertainment staff are lovely as to be honest are all the staff, I am not a lover of cats and the hotel provides food and shelter for cats so on a personal note I didn't like the cats around ! lovely setting right across from the beach we were in a sea view room block 3 not much to do in the evenings we normally had dinner then just walked in to the town area lots of families out walking even 10 /11 in the evening you feel very safe no problems ,two weeks was too much for us a week would have been fine ,typical folk show buggy rides can be booked through the reps as we have been to Egypt and Tunisia in the past we have done these trips so didn't want to do them again my husband also had 5 rounds of golf ,there is a little train/bus that stops outside the hotel every 45 minutes this will take you in to the town area and bring you back for 180 durum's or a taxi pay no more than 20 durum's each way I think a lot depends on your age ?? ie are you travelling with young children ? , caroline

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

Just one minor point, Aragon should read Argan oil.

Day trips are always popular, you can read all about them here: tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c120434/Aga…

Only book trips when you are in the resort, the rates will be far better than booking online.

glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

sorry yes argan oil !!

Edited: 09 July 2014, 22:17
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

I am also assuming that the Petit Train was 18 Dirhams and not 180 as suggested :)

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

Thank you Whitey, lots of useful info.

We are travelling with our 2 daughters, late teens. I think that means we are too many for a local taxi if I'm right Professor?

A stroll along the promenade in the evening sounds lovely, we are happy with low key stuff like this.

Am looking forward to getting out and about a bit too, have downloaded a really useful Agadir map found on TA

Thank you for the trip links John, I'll browse them

I would be interested in the spa massage, but if I'm brave enough, I may look into one in the town perhaps too. Not sure I would be brave enough to have one on the beach like your hubby :)

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

The petite taxis (small orange taxi) usually only cater for 3 adults at a time. The Grand Taxi (white Mercedes) will take you all but make sure you work out the price in advance of any trip.

The promenade is great as most local people go strolling in the evening and makes for a really good atmosphere.

I would agree with your suggestion of taking a massage in a centre rather than on the beach.

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

Thanks Professor,

When agreeing a taxi price, is it best to agree and pay up front, or will the price 'hold' till the end of the journey?

Thank you

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Tikida Dunas,a couple of questions please

No, don't pay up front, wait until your journey ends. Just be clear with the price from the start and the vast majority of taxi drivers are fine so don't go worrying too much.

Get answers to your questions about Agadir