We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
213 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

My flight arrives Casablanca at 1pm. Will I have enough time to catch the train to Merrakech at 14:55? Will it be too ambitious to complete custom clearance, baggage claim, money exchange, train from airport to Casa Voyageurs and then buy the tickets to Merrakech?

13 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,548 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

Check the train schedule here at www.oncf.ma and count with sure one and a half to two hours before you are ready to get on the train.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

You can only do this if you can get on the 2pm train from the airport. You need to buy a ticket before boarding.

I'm dubious that you will make it.

Change at Oasis station for Marrakech NOT Casa Voyageurs. The announcement on the train will say "Gare de L'Oasis" but the station signs will say "Gare de Casa Oasis" - the voice announcements have not caught up with the name change.

Always travel 1st Class and go to your allocated seat.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

its possible but I wouldnt count on it - the next train is 2 hours later so gives you time to have some lunch if you have to wait

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

Yes, I heard some comments that there is sufficient time (at least 3 groups of persons told me that, they took the same flight and went straight to Marrakech same day) but I think it is risky. Thanks. I am also looking for a hotel near the station.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

If you want an hotel near the station, there are a couple near Casa Voyageurs station and loads near Casa Port station. The only hiccup is that the trains from Casa Port do not go to Marrakech directly. However, all is not lost. You could stay near Casa Port station and walk to the Tramway (not more than 5 minutes wherever you are in that area) to get a tram to Casa Voyageurs or you could get a cab either via the doorman if you go posh or by hailing if you stayed somewhere cheap.

Rabat-Sale-Zemmour-Z...
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

Hi

This is very tight as sometimes it takes longer to go through customs at the airport.

I will suggest 2 options, the first is to hire a car to take you directly to the OASIS train station. It is closer to the airport and is about 15 mn from the casa voyageur by train.

The 2nd option is to get a car to take you directly from the airport to your destination in Marrakech. It will run you about 120 euros but you can save yourself a lot of stress. Usually your driver will pick you up directly from the terminal. I saw many Casablanca Tours agencies listed on tripadvisor

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

Thank you all. Very useful.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

Umm i don't think you'll make it cause it takes at least an hour at the airport and you're going to need to wait for the train at the airport as it takes time to arrive sometimes besides, it'll take 50 minutes at least to arrive to casavoyageurs.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,810 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

@tavel-guru-ma at response 6 is actually the owner of the Casablanca Tours agency that he "saw listed on TripAdvisor", see https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

10. Re: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2017, 15:45

Reply to: Enough time from airport to Casa Voyageurs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted