We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

We will be arriving in Casablanca airport and needing a hotel for only one night before joining tour group the next day back at the airport. Can someone please suggest a good hotel as close to the airport as possible and with shuttle service too if possible? Thank you so much!!

8 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,815 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

stick 'airport hotel' into search box

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

I don't know the airport at all but there are 16 trains daily from Casa Port station to the airport starting at 0608 until 2208 on an approximate hourly frequency, you can check the precise timings here....

http://www.oncf.ma/Pages/Accueil.aspx

Fill in the boxes with gare depart as "Casa Port" and the Gare d' arrivee as "Aeroport Med V".....skip boxes date depart and heure depart and just click the orange box "recherche"....the fare is 43 dirhams second class.

Casa Port station is close to the city centre around United Nations Square and there are several hotel options which might suit you, Hotel Ibis, Hotel Anfa Port, Hotel Sofitel, Hotel Novotel, Hotel Royal Mansour and the Hyatt Regency....look up reviews for each of these for further details but all are within easy walking distance of the railway station.

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

Thank you Tim and Kaptainsensible for your recommendations!!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,987 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

I wouldn't stay near the airport - better to stay near Casa Port so you can actually see some of the city

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

Nibrika,

We will be back to see more of Casablanca at the end of our tour (but not at the beginning). I definitely want to see the city. Thanks!!

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

When you have more time to explore Casablanca I suggest taking the government-sponsored Old Medina rickshaw tour, the rank is on Ave Felix Houphouet Boigny, the wide palm-lined boulevard connecting the port gates and United Nations Square, the tour lasts 25 minutes and costs 100 dirhams, I have not tried the tour because I already know the Medina quite well, but I spoke to the owner and picked up a leaflet and it appears a very professional set up......

travellerspoint.com/photos/…

On the other side of the road and a little back towards the port is the Koubba of Sidi Belyout, Casablanca's patron saint, you can step into the peaceful courtyard but the tomb chamber includes a small mosque which is out of bounds to non-Muslims, I stumbled in by accident and was rebuked by the gardienne!

If the weather invites a beach day take the tram from UN Square to Ain Diab beach terminus, the fare is only 8 dirhams each way, at the beach turn left into Atlantic Boulevard and walk south to find the Mausoleum of Marabout Sidi Abderrahman, the small inner chamber is open to open to visitors and pilgrims without restriction.....

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

Kaptainsensible Thank you so much for all of your great suggestions!!!!

Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport

There are 2 hotels at the CMN airport. They provide free shuttle to the hotel from the terminals.

Reply to: Suggestions for safe hotel in Casablanca near airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted