We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-days touring from Casablanca area

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
7-days touring from Casablanca area

I am staying at a villa outside of Cas but from what I understand- going into the city is a one day trip.

What is reasonable in terms of driving...we will be based near Cas- but want to do day trips wherever possible.

It was a last minute decision to make this trip so I need my trip advisor friends to give me some solid advice.

We are two couples- who enjoy archetecture, art, history, food and drink and in general experiencing the culture of a location.

No camel trecking or mountain climbing for us- just mixxing with the locals...and seeing what there is to see.

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-days touring from Casablanca area

you may find casa a little much its busy in terms of people and as for driving u really need to take another think its crazy and really dont advise it but this is your choice you are going to have a good time but personally i find casa to be out of the way i would of chosen marrakech or agadir u can definately mix with the locals in agadir and your not too far from places like taroudant and taffourout .

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-days touring from Casablanca area

well well well, Casa is certainnely the last place to stay in Morocco. I don't like at all Agadir but it would preferable for a stay than Casa.

But of course, i think that you have rented the villa for the whole stay. Dommage ...

Try therefore to visit Rabat, Meknes, Moulay Idriss and Fes, you have a highway to all these destinations. Also a new highway to Marrakech ...

And if you have more time and the desire to visit Essaouira (one of the nicest place in Morocco) spend a night there because on one way, you have to take the road along the ocean ...

About restaurants, i recommend you a dinner at La Taverne des Dauphins at Casa, first class seafood ...

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-days touring from Casablanca area

Thanks. I had worked out a home exchange- but have decided to hold off based on what I am hearing on the site.

May look for a different location to swap with- or put together 2 weeks time and move around a bit.

The house was actually not in Casa- but about 40 min away...

Anyway- thanks for the info.

Rgds

4. Re: 7-days touring from Casablanca area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 00:17