We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours at Casablanca airport

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
130 reviews
Save Topic
8 hours at Casablanca airport

I have 8 hour layover at Casablanca airport....is it possible to get out to see anything, or should I just wait at the airport?

Any help appreciated.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hours at Casablanca airport

CASABLANCA is not the best of places to start wandering around, the only real attraction is the MOSQUE so to be on the safe side I would stay put.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hours at Casablanca airport

It is possible to go to town and enjoy a beautiful meal in local good fish restaurant, visit the old medina, and then back to the airport.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hours at Casablanca airport

Hi,

If your only experience of Morocco this time is going to be Casablanca airport then I agree you should get a taxi into town and have a nice meal at least, you will also have time to visit the mosque which IMO is about the only reason to go to Casablanca.

Paris,France
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 hours at Casablanca airport

Hi,

Casablanca is the industrial city of Morocco. From a tourism perspective, there is not much to see. Possibly:

- the architecture of the great Mosque of Hassan II

- the old medina

- the Habous quarter

Attention. If you want to visit Casablanca, you will need a tourist visa. Some Moroccan customs officers strictly enforce the rule that require an address in Morocco and I am not sure that a continuity fly ticket is sufficient to cancel this rule. You may need to apply for a transit visa but I do not know the rules to obtain it.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 hours at Casablanca airport

You have a point there, indeed. Whilst I do not know of the regulations of visas, in European countries one can obtain a transitvisa at the airport, if one wants to step literally (only to smoke a cigarette!) outside of the airport area.

Perhaps somebody knows of this matter.

6. Re: 8 hours at Casablanca airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 05:16