We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Time In Casablanca,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Time In Casablanca,

Hi From Dublin,

We are planning our Christmas holiday.Casablanca is on our list need advice re accomadation

and weather.What temperatures at christmas.

All we need is nice accomadation with nice restaurants in a safe area.Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Baile Bologna,

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

Hi,

Not to sway you from your plans, but I think I speak for the popular majority in thinking that there are "nicer" places in Morocco to visit, regardless of the time of year. Was there some particular reason that you wanted to spend time in Casa as opposed to someplace else?

Edited: 07 August 2011, 23:34
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.No particular reason to visit Casablanca I just

taught it would be different.

I would still like to visit Morocco for Christmas can you recommend a safe

city please.

Cheers,

Baile Bologna,

NZ
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

Another who would suggest that your time in Casablanca (other than a visit to the Mosque) could be better spent elsewhere.

Weather can be very variable depending on where you base yourself. It can go from beautiful sunny days to rain and bitterly cold nights. Take warm layers of clothing and some light rainproof outer clothes.

Your budget will dictate some of your choices. Most of the bigger hotels and riads will have heating - some of the budget ones may not or it may be inadequate.

How you manage the cold may also depend on the climate you are used to.

Edited: 08 August 2011, 00:39
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

I think you would be better staying in Marrakech.

5. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 August 2011, 22:54
usa
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

I have lived in Casablanca off and on the past 2 years. One of the safest areas to stay is on Boulevard de l'ocean Atlantique. There's many hotel/resorts and a big variety of restaurants. I personally haven't stayed in any hotels there but, I have been to their cafes. Hotel Bellerive serves beer, wine, coffee and an amazing view. You can find traditional Moroccan restaurants and also some American ones too.

The weather around Christmastime there is usually cool(no snow lol) so you should just need a jacket. Also, bring an umbrella since this is their wet season.

You will get to see many "Papa Noels"(Santa Claus). Hope you have fun!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

Stick to Marrakech would be my advice: a lot more colour and Moroccan culture. But then I would say that!

8. Re: Christmas Time In Casablanca,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Casablanca