We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

i went to Spain throug the casablanca Airport. The Airport or place looks nice but when i get there i had to wait for few hours after waiting few hours i went to get boarding pass but the catch my ticket and passport. I did not know why , i asked them but they did not answer to me. Came a Airport incharge and start to look my visa and password in tubelight. i was surprised ??? i missed my flight cause they did not give me back my passport neither my ticket. i try to talk them but they speak morroci and Franch. i was sucked for all. after few hours two plice came to me and take me to a dark rooom with africans.. i try to talk to them and to back Nepal or fly to Spain. After 36 hours they came back to me with my passport and new Flight ticket to Spain. i went to spain. I do not know the reason why they keep me for long time ??? i did not get nothing ? is this the tourism in Morroco ??? How people work there ?? ...

It has been few years but i could not complain to noone about this ? Is there any place to write this ?? I never suggest people to go through Casablanca.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

Are you presently in Madrid? If so contact the Nepalese Embassy there as a first step to register your complaint. They may be able to advise you on further possible steps. If writing to Moroccan authorities (and someone can advise on the appropriate Government departments - transport/tourism/airport authorities perhaps?) - then have your letter(s) translated into French. Only a couple of suggestions here which may be of some help.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

Thank you pilobolus , i called Nepal eambassy at that time too but they told me everything is right with you , we can not do nothing from here neither from madrid. so i did not see any option for the complain. it has been so hard to me at the time. now is gone but suggestion for other asian people who travel to Morroco. anyway thanks for comment.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

Your problem had nothing to do with the airport - but a lot to do with immigration. There was obviously some doubt that your visa was valid.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

Yes , i was talking to the airport staff and immigration in Casablanca. What ever it is problem inside casablanca Airport. i wrote above that i called even Franch Embassy who issued my visa in Kathmandu about my visa and it was okey i had Schengen visa for Europe. Other question how possible to fly from Nepal without valid visa ???

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

As has been mentioned, there seems to have been some doubt about your visa. The immigration authorities will have had to confirm that your visa was valid. This takes time, hence the reason why you missed your original flight. As the immigration officials allowed you to travel it seems that your visa was valid.

As I understand it the immigration officials should check your visa in every airport, hence the reason why your visa was checked in Nepal and Morocco.

It seems the immigration officials had to make extra checks to confirm the validity of your visa and this took time.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

Thanks heresm.. It could be possible they need to check my visa but not this way losing the passanger's Flight. They could have machine to check visa the fast way or they need to have it in international airport. They are not athorize to keep a passanger 2 days to check those visa in Airport. They should keep in contact or in touch with embassy directly with fast way to make confirm the visa so passanger's or travellers will not have this much big problem in airport. Even i lost my bags for 15days because of this problem it couldnot get in time. I do not think this problem can happened in other intrntl airport.

7. Re: A Terrible Airport in The World. ( CASABLANCa).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 10:24